PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Donzi 38Zx

nauti-props
07-12-2003, 08:07 AM
I've just posted some new pics. I ordered a new 2004 38ZX and its about 3 weeks from completion. Donziman2 and I went to the factory Thursday to check it out. Steve Simon, Doug Valentine and Josh Stickles were awesome. Steve spent 3 hours with us giving us a complete tour of the factory. Although I can't say, Donzi is about to introduce some incredible new products. The first one will be the new 38ZF at the dealer meeting in 2 weeks. This boat was HUGE! It has a 10 foot 6 inch beam. The workman ship was meticulous. It is supposed to go 60 plus with trip outboards. Also, The new Donzi clothing line will be introduced at the dealer meeting. Steve just completed the contract with the company that will produce the new clothing. I got to see a new pair of donzi sneakers. Included in the line will be shirts, hats, jackets and towels. Look for the new store on the Donzi home page around the end of the month. Here is the link to my pics

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53337

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Greg, great seeing you last night, the info and pictures were incredible! Thanks.
Here is a one of the photo's Greg took of a new Classic.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/2004tuvell.jpg

Bryan

boldts
07-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Hey, Bryan. Great job on the picture size! LOL I knew you could do it. Any chance you can post Greg's new 38ZX pictures? I must be doing something wrong on OSO. I can look at the gallery pictures, but get a big long disortation when I try to view an attachment picture. Kind of disappointing. I'll get it figuared out when I feel like taking the time. Sure is nice to have a free, simple photo posting site like the Registry. :)

mikev
07-15-2003, 11:21 AM
to view attachments on OSO you have to be a paying member of the board. kind of sucks if you ask me.

boldts
07-15-2003, 12:18 PM
I see Mikev. Thanks for the explanation. I understand the need to finance a site like OSO.

I also have a feeling the site is not being done by or being hosted by someone in their spare time for the website members like the Donzi Registry is by the Harbormaster.

Team Jefe
07-17-2003, 07:09 AM
38....ZF....Trip's.... :D :D :D

Excuse me, I need to go change my pants wink

Team Hula Girl
07-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Jefe, wait till you hear the numbers on the 38ZF. You will have to change your pants twice.

13000 lbs dry weight
400 gallons of gas (three tanks)
(3) 250 optimax
600+ mile range

I was cruising along in the 28 at 60mph (gps) and the 38ZF was passing me with ease. And it had a full tank of fuel, 7.5kw genset, blue water tank, black water tank, full electronics, fishing rod/reels, with 4 passengers. Very impressive.

cruising speed was about 43/44mph at 4000rpm.

John

Team Hula Girl
07-18-2003, 08:01 AM
Poodle, I dont think you will see this boat on the SKA. (or very few of them) The 38ZF is built similar to the Intrepid 377 WA. This is more of a bahamas boat or weekend boat for the person who likes to fish. I will see if I can post some pics for you.

John

CDMA
07-18-2003, 08:25 AM
I take full credit for the 38 ZF wetbar :)

C

Designer of boat parts eek! eek!

Team Jefe
07-18-2003, 02:28 PM
A wet bar on a fishing boat....well I would have never thought to put drinking and fishing together, but now that you mention it Chris, that's a great Idea :D

Jake
07-19-2003, 10:40 AM
It's killing me not seeing these pictures. Can someone post them up here, I would love to see them. Thanks.

Jake

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-19-2003, 11:56 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/barbertheboat.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/barberdrives.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/barber104.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/future38zf.jpg

Here ya go.
Bryan

nauti-props
07-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Todd,
First a few facts.
1. I have nothing bad to say about Harry. I asked him to demo the 38ZX and an equivalent 42 Sonic.
2. I gave Harry the first chance to price out a 38 ZX.
3. I then went to the local dealer, whom I've spoken with repeatedly over the past few years. He beat Harry's price by over $7,ooo.oo. The deal fell through when I refused to give him a non-refundable $20,000 deposit. (I already had pre-approval for 100% financing).
4. I then gave Harry a chance to match the price and he did. Harry ordered the boat and it is due to be delivered in 2 weeks.
5. I only talked to one other dealer, who did not want to offer me a price.
6. Before you post, I suggest you get your facts straight. I don't know where you got your information, but you should research your info more thoroughly. You can always email me at gbarber15@cox.net and I will be happy to give you my home or cell number. This way you can hear both sides of the story. I would suggest that you remove your post and post facts! I have spoken to both Harry and Bill Proctor about this deal and they both seemed to be happy with the result. If they still have issues with me then they both know how to get in touch with me.

Finally, let me say this. I am an informed consumer, like many others on this board. There is no law that says that an individual has to buy a boat before they test drive it. I think it is prudent to ride in a boat that anyone is about to buy for $250,000. Harry never asked me to give him a deposit prior to riding in the boats. I say again, I gave Harry the first opportunity to give me a price on the new boat. Am I wrong to ask my local dealer to price the same item? Steve Simon is a professional. Despite our personal friendship he has never I repeat never interferred with this deal. I never asked him for any insider information as it relates to pricing. The only offer Steve made was to offer the selling dealer 2003 pricing on a 2004 boat if I ordered the boat when I did. He made the same offier to me last year. He didn't have to do that, but he did. Steve has done a tremendous job turning Donzi into one the premier boat builders. His products and product development speak for that.

I can't wait for my boat to arrive, it's too bad you are not as happy. Please email me and I will give you the real story which you can then post of you desire.

roadtrip se
07-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Greg,

I have removed my post as you have requested.

I would post the facts, but frankly I don't know what to believe right now, so I can't really do that.

I will apologize to you and say that I only made the statements based on the information that I was given by Harry Judge.

I have left my numbers with your messaging services and look forward to talking to you, if you would like.

Todd Somerville

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-19-2003, 10:34 PM
I guess I missed something here, I hope it was OK to post the photo's of Gregs new ride.

Bryan (confused)