PDA

View Full Version : Need help with parts, please....

nitro115
07-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask for help, but I couldn't find a better place.

To make the long story short: purchased a 1999 Donzi Z275 in NC. The instrument cluster panel's pealing its "sticker" off. The dealer says he cannot get it from Donzi. Since he's been giving the run-around for me for a month now with quite some other issues, I kind of doubt his words about the instrument panels.
Does Donzi have a parts department, or somthing like that? Where else could I locate what I need?

I'm really disappointed with this whole purchase and with the fact that a dealer can deal with people this lousy way... nothing that they promised to be completed within 10 days is done after 30 days. I've never owned such a boat, so maybe it's normal. But if so, that's pretty sad. Please, ANY advice/help will be appreciated. Even if you say "dude, you're totally wrong". At least I'd know what to expect in the future.

Kind regards,
Feri

Moody Blu'
07-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Dude your so wrong!! :p :D
welcome to the board :cool:

BUIZILLA
07-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Good to see another happy Zip CARE Donzi customer.

Welcome aboard, and fasten your seat belt.

J

knee deep
07-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Z do not Care.............

and what a shame, such a great product and such a following and nobody seems to give a damn!

Donzigo
07-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Dude, you're totally wrong.

You're looking at the big picture through a straw. Learn more, before you sound off.

Hey,welcome!!!!! You're amoung friends, really. :D

DonCig
07-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Every problem or crisis is an opportunity to make another sale or insure a repeat customer. Sales 101 by tamm. Donzi has an opportunity, customer has a problem or crisis. Who wants to step up and lead and who wants to follow? Time will tell.

longbow68
07-11-2003, 10:32 PM
hey nitro. Try contracting West Marine.I just purchased a 16 classic that had not been cared for and it was my first boat.I am still asking some of the wall questions but Mike out of Atl just chuckles and then stears me in the right direction.NO one in my kneck of the woods had even heard of a Donzi.Boy they sure dont know what they are missing.Hope that helps some.After working on mine all week ran it 2 hrs today and headed to the lake Sat.All things looking GREAT.

nitro115
07-12-2003, 05:06 AM
Thank you all for the replies! It's even difficult to argue, when English is yous second language. My dealer opened his eyes when I popped a couple of words at him in Hungarian. Seemed to work for a while. Thanks for the welcome too... I've been reading here for awhile and have the impression this forum is one of the most decent forums without flaming. The cluster panel is just a minor problem, but I'd like to get the boat in the best possible shape.

Longbow68, is this this what you referred to?
http://www.westmarine.com/

-feri

nitro115
07-12-2003, 05:27 AM
By the way, I love the boat... way too much, that's why I'm trying to restore it. I have an 8yr experience with bassboating and it was much easier to get parts... like a breeze. I have NEVER thought that a shiny name like Donzi's would care so little, if any at all.

Donzigo, I can learn only one way, by doing it. And I am doing it. This boating industry seems to be the most legal lemon field I've ever seen, but I might be wrong. Although if I look at the replies, I don't think I'm THAT much wrong :-)

And today I'm gonna ride that thing, with or without cluster panels :-)

longbow68
07-12-2003, 08:08 AM
yes it is.The Atl branch has been very willing to work with me.I had a hole in one of the remote oil filter lines and no one had a clue.The local boat shop said he could order them but it would take a week at least.Mike told me to find a tractor repair shop and they would replace the hose with a hydraulic

nitro115
07-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks a lot, I'll give them a buzz. That instrument panel is not an urgent thing, after all. Checked the boat today and everything else works just fine, even the A/C... a blessing in NC :-) Thanks for your help!