PDA

View Full Version : Please respect other peoples post topics

harbormaster
08-15-2002, 07:26 AM
Please try respect other peoples posts by not burying them under Chit Chat that is completely different from the original post. The Donzi VP posted about needing a booat for the Fast and Furious 2 movie. The next 6 posts were 2 people discussing riceburners. I REALLY appreciate people posting but try respect someone elses topic. Someone who is really interested in the Donzi/movie thread would have had to wade through all of that. If you really want to chat about something else take it to a topic. I realize that sometimes posts kinda evolve into other subjects. That will always happen. But IF YOU CAN post a new thread with the new topic.

Let me know, Am I wrong to feel this way?

Mustang Susie
08-15-2002, 08:32 AM
Scot,
You are absolutely correct. We do tend to wander off the beaten track :confused:

Mustang

Dr. Dan
08-15-2002, 08:47 AM
:cool: Thank You Scott, well said...I was hoping we wouldn't have to call on our local "Tony Soprano" to "Clean Things Up".... :D sometimes it just gets otta hand! Nuff Said :cool:

2biguns
08-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Speaking of wandering off the beaten track, I once had a blind bassett hound named P.G.T. Beauregard ("Beau" for short) who would wander into the oak tree in the back yard, but then I digress.........

Just kidding :p

We do tend to conduct a bit of free association, a lot of which I tend to enjoy. Perhaps directing everyone to a new post from the original one when a poster decides to venture off into uncharted waters???

Stix Magill
08-15-2002, 09:31 AM
I think your request is appropriate. It can be frustrating when the thread topic is lost.

Moody Blu'
08-15-2002, 09:55 AM
I think this is the only forum I know of that has a administrator that actually gets p'od about that sort of stuff.

I'm with ya on that harbor, there have been topics on other forums that totaly went off topic the moderators didnt care.

harbormaster
08-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Thanks ya'll. I wasn't P'od. I was just concerned that all our goodd info was getting lost.
It actually makes it easier to search past topics when you are looking for good info.

It would be tough if you were looking for the topic that had something about lake wannagocrappy and it was in a thread about prop selection. :D

HyperDonzi
08-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Sorry,
most of those post were mine, it was early in the morning (or late at night). I will go and delete those posts. Sorry to Harbormaster and DonziMarineVP.

Harbormaster, I have said this before, where can we post up things about any off topic subject. could you make a new group for off topic stuff?

harbormaster
08-15-2002, 01:31 PM
BAJA Please... No need for an apology. I am the last person to beat someone up for participating on the board.

Look carefully at the forums. Just for you. A new forum where anyone can talk about anything they want. UNMODERATED (unless it looks like I'm gonna get sued! :D )

HyperDonzi
08-15-2002, 02:29 PM
THANKS!!!!!!! wow, now i feel special. laughing so hard i now have tears in my eyes!