PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Needed For Fast & Furious 2 Movie

Donzi Marine VP
08-14-2002, 10:55 PM
Thanks to all of you that have offered your boats for use in feature film and television. Keep the list going on the earlier post and when the time comes for a boat that matches one of yours we will definitely call!!

We are currently in pre-production for Fast and Furious 2. We have Donzis in the movie but one of the first scenes call for a large Donzi with a jet motor or motors. Any ideas or suggestions? At the Miami show there was an owner there that said they had that type of configuration in a big Donzi. Please let me know if anyone knows of this person or anyone who may have that available.

Thanks for all of your help, and as always we value your support and friendship!

Nick Miller

Moody Blu'
08-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Nick,I emailed you off topic.

I hope the new fast and the furious actually has fast rice burners in it like 300zx's skyline gtrs porsche's etc..9I know the porshe isnt a rice burner)

Desert Fox
08-15-2002, 03:27 AM
Three 16' outboards? Take off the 135's and bolt on 300's! Fast and Furious, yes!

Sagbay32
08-15-2002, 05:02 AM
HP, that was damn funny!

HyperDonzi
08-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Donzi Marine VP,
I am sorry about my posts last night bashing the subject.

sagbay pm me and ill send you more.

the only thing i said last night that wasnt disrespecting the subject was about how cool it would to go to the big screen in a packed theater and see your boat or buy the dvd and see it al winter long.

If you guys need a teen boat driver in a movie with teens driving cars...

Formula Jr
08-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Nick, just have the art department vacuum form a different hatch for a 45ZX with exhaust stacks so it looks like a Turbine. They can even put in propane flames to make it look really cool. Sound is all done off location any way.

JOHN SCIBERRAS
08-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Nick,I assume you are talking about jet turbine power plants vs jet drives.If this is the case I suggest you contact Harold Arneson. He has a Skater with twin jet turbines and an arneson drive. HE may know if anyone has converted a Donzi to jet turbine power as they would need special gear boxes and most likely arneson drives.Hope this is helpful.

Air 22
08-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Nick...

I can talk to my company about a jet engine!!!
I fly for the airlines and they might let me barrow one for my 22' Classic HAAAAA.

All kidding aside if you need a RED 22' Classic just ask.
Dwight