PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on a 22?

Forrest
07-11-2003, 08:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2423236760

mattyboy
07-11-2003, 08:35 AM
Yes Forrest it is a great deal, it's PaulO's boat
wish I had some more dead presidents!!!!!

this one won't last long

Matty

HP 600SC
07-11-2003, 08:53 AM
If someone does'nt buy it now.....they are missing the boat!!
That is a killer deal!!!!!!!!!
Hmmmm, I need a Saltwater boat for all theses events I keep missing!!

McGary911
07-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Man that is a sweet buy it now deal. Is this the boat paul got from typhoon with no motor? I think gauges were gone too? He picked it up the DAY before i went to check it out......

JP BRESCIA
07-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Nice deal. Looks like there is not much storage for the anchor.... :p

Moody Blu'
07-11-2003, 08:13 PM
damn thats cheap

Red 22
07-12-2003, 10:52 PM
SOLD!! :D :D

banfield
07-15-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm the one that pressed the buy it now button. I actually saw PaulO post it here, and inquired, but didn't get to it until I saw it on ebay.

It does sound like a good deal, but the one thing that leaves me nervous is that the engine and outdrive were salt water used, and pretty much unknown history since PaulO bought them from Typhoon and another local Mercruiser dealer used.

My question to you all: What should I do to make sure that I don't end up with all of my money into this great boat, but not afford to fix it if it breaks down in a catastrophic way? PaulO's asking price, while good, is about the limit of my 'disposable income'. Being a fresh water guy, I have little experience with salt water's effects and how to gauge them. Can any of you give me some advice?
I'm going down to take a look and have a marine survey done in a few days.... what should I specifically look for?

(All due respect to PaulO, whom I realize reads this board... he's been very forthright with info. I just think that I'm a bit less experienced than he is, and probably also have a bit less deep pockets to weather out the possible breakdowns)...

Thanks in advance for your help!