PDA

View Full Version : Funny Fathers Day

Brose
06-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Anyone ever get stuck in the bow of an 18?

I knew I had to crawl up there to tighten my bow U-bolt nuts and I figured I may as well get it done Sunday morning. I proceeded to wiggle into one of the most awkward positions attempting to reach forward of the bow lifting eye bracket area.

But it was tough gaining enough leverage to move backwards -- I wound up backing my leg along inside of the gunwale :confused: . Then realized I left my wrench forward :mad: . Now I'm starting to itch from the fiberglass splinters and really sweating. Obscenities followed -- my kids were howling with laughter. Had to wiggle forward again while atttempting to not too terribly disturb the wiring in the gunwale -- but it was hard to bend my leg the right direction... I'm sure you're getting the right visual :p .

Anyway, it took me 20 minutes to tighten that damn thing. But we got out on the lake by 11:00am wink .

Happy Fathers Day all

Dalelama
06-18-2002, 09:38 AM
Brose,

You got a 320EFI ?

RickSE
06-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Send one of the kids up there next time.

Brose
06-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Dalelama,

Its carbed. I forgot to put the year of my boat in my signature...

It's a 1973 :D

Dalelama
06-18-2002, 12:19 PM
If I was smart... I would've seen the "BB" in your sig...

I've got 320... but with a "SBC".
Parts are IMPOSSIBLE to find.. at ANY price!

MOP
06-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Next time the little bugger Howl stuff them in the hole, been there done that. Happy D Days!

Brose
06-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Believe me... If I could have gotten out of there -- I'd have stuffed all three in the bow pronto!

Forrest
06-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Oh man, kids are perfect for tightening bow-eyes, grab rails, inspecting oil pans, removing starters, pull cables, and the list goes on. I ususally find one in the neighborhood that needs an extra $5.00. All you do is hand 'em a wrench a tell 'em not to come out until its tight, and then give 'em the old while you're under there, let me get you to tighten . . .