PDA

View Full Version : prop roughness???

G - FORCE 88
06-17-2002, 08:27 PM
I went out this weekend with a very smooth prop i pull the boat out and my prop is so corse that it feel like sand paper. Any ideas???!!???? I have a 25p Mirage. :( frown

Formula Jr
06-17-2002, 09:00 PM
If you didn't run in the muck, then I'd say your prop was cavitating and boiling off the surface, but your Prop is stainless right? Very odd indeed.... Was it coated with something?

MOP
06-17-2002, 10:50 PM
Is the roughness on the surfaces or on the edges? If its the edges you gobbled some bottom gook, surface would be an airing problem. Airing at times can be perplexing, most of it is drive induced but at times bottom roughness can do it. Feel her up alittle maybe she will tell you something :D

roadtrip se
06-18-2002, 08:15 AM
Got a replacement Mirage Plus I'm trying to sell in the classifeds....

Todd, the opportunist!

Dalelama
06-18-2002, 09:36 AM
John,

Call Rick McGiver at Anchor Propeller, off of S River Drive (down the street from Bertram & Hopkins-Carter).. tell 'em I sent ya'

He'll hook you up, and figure out your problem.

I secound Scott's theory... new boat, old sandbar!

G - FORCE 88
06-18-2002, 04:29 PM
the roughness i have on the prop are towards the tips and then to the inside. The middle of the prop is fine!?! i dont get it. I dont know what to do? would a cleaver help? what would that do?i can use all the help i can get with this.
Jon

G - FORCE 88
06-18-2002, 04:32 PM
dale
thanks alot I will give Rick a call first thing in the morning. Should I take the prop over to him? Thanks alot.
Jon