PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Zone

KMLFAMILY
08-13-2002, 05:43 PM
I decided in the morning to go on a nice ride down the river to NEWPORT R.I.. I blast down there smooth as glass.Fun ride, even alone! Big cruise ship parked in the harbor. Shuttles going by people smiling and waving.Ck"d out the mega yacht"s. Time to return. I am cruising across MT. HOPE BAY smooth again. No other boat in sight, lovin it about 55 mph. Then i spot what i thought was another boat off the bow way ahead. It was movin! I"m thinking, i wanna see what kinda boat this is. Suddenly it is cruising about 10' off the water and passes me on the port side 100 yds away. Then it turns around and is coming on my starboard.We cruise awhile side by side i am going 55 he is still 10' above the water. This is too cool ! He speeds ahead and lands. I pull over to him, he lifts the cockpit door and i yell " what the hell do you call that. " He laughs and says wanna race?. He said it is a proto- type plane he built. I looked like a small stealth with a boat belly,prop motor behind cockpit wingspan about 30'. He said it would do about 150 knots. I thought damn i need a digital camera. No ones gonna believe this one. DO DOO DOO DO !

MOP
08-13-2002, 06:00 PM
I believe you, I have seen two or three articles on the boat plane. It uses ground effects over water. Would love to see it in person.

HyperDonzi
08-13-2002, 06:08 PM
how many knots=mph? not much drag on it im sure