PDA

View Full Version : Paging HyperBaja

Gary S.
08-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Did you buy you exaust yet ???? If not I'm making 3 sets that are 4 1/2" O.D. at a 10 degree drop from the transom, 45 degree angle cut ends, internal back flow preventers,, and a water baffel of my own design,,,if you want to be my guinea pig and try them let me know,,,,if you like,,,, I'll make you one hell of a deal,,, if not,,, just return them. I can custom make the lengths and if need be,, add a 3X4 reducer to match your riser outlets. Let me know.

Gary S.
08-13-2002, 03:51 PM
I forgot to add, they will be a brushed finish, if you want them polished you'll have to do that part, and made from 304 schedule 10 stainless, heli-arc welded with 308 rod, they will be heavy duty, not thin junk.

HyperDonzi
08-13-2002, 05:28 PM
one prob! my risers have a 4" out and i cant go from 4" hose to 4.5" tips. if you know of a way to make it fit, i will be in.

how hard to polish?
remember, ohio law, has to be under 90db 5 feet back from the transom 3 feet off the water. i have a full swim deck which tapers down on the sides over where the exhaust will come out so the sound will bounce back to the water

MOP
08-13-2002, 05:55 PM
Maybe these guys can supply you with a step adapter.

http://www.centekindustries.com/prod_06.html#

HyperDonzi
08-13-2002, 05:57 PM
MOP, i am going to find something that you and jamie cant figure out. everytime someone has a question, you guys know it. by the way, did you get my email?

that stuff on that site is a bit over my head, what i need is something that will attach to the 4" out on the riser to thr 4.5" in on the tips.

Moody Blu'
08-13-2002, 08:06 PM
gary woudl you be interested in building a set for a 351w ford?
Id love to be the guinea pig, and im sure there are plenty other ford brothers that would be happy too.....

MOP
08-13-2002, 08:34 PM
HB I would E-Mail those guys they may have what you want on the shelf.

Gary S.
08-13-2002, 08:41 PM
You have to physicaly measure the outside diameter of the pipe,, trade size 4" pipe no mater what wall thickness is 4 and a heavy 1/2 ". If it is pipe I can make anything so a 4X 4 1/2 is no biggie,,,,,I think if you ckeck the OD of the riser outlet it should be close enough to be made up in the rubber coupling or hose you use to connect it. As for anyone else,, I'll have some pic's to post as to how I make these in the next few days,,,Moody Blu,, if you like what you see,,,, let's talk. I can do 3" also,,,the 4 was just there in the bin so thats what I grabbed.

Moody Blu'
08-14-2002, 12:07 PM
okie dokie

your building header type exhaust right?
like a cmi or gil setup?

you could call em GS exhaust....

Gary S.
08-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Moody,,,I'm just making tip's with tail pipes now.

Moody Blu'
08-14-2002, 06:32 PM
oh FOOEY!!!!!!!

if you ever want to experiment with a set of ford motorsport headers and some stainless steel piping.

to weld around the headers for cooling...

sound like you want to experiment?