PDA

View Full Version : flame arrester

riverrat
06-16-2002, 05:00 PM
I would like to put a fancy flame arrester on my 350 mag mpi to get rid of the plan looking black cover merc puts on. I was thinking chrome or maybe anidized red? do any of you guys have a line on something like that?

thanks, the rat :D :D :D

Tommy McDermott
06-16-2002, 06:24 PM
i think i saw a K&N one on the back of a jegs catalog for around 80 or 90 bucks,ill look for you and tell you what i find

boldts
06-16-2002, 09:19 PM
RR or Tommy,
K&N does make a marine version of their air filter. It has a chrome cover and because the filter itself uses an oil to trap the dirt, it is washable and reuseable for many years. The only draw back is it only comes in one size made to fit all 4Barrel carbs. (They make one for the EFI engines also) Point is, on both models, modifications may need to be made for clearence reasons. I bought one for my 454 and I had to take it back because I couldn't close the engine hatch due to the height and I'm not going to start cutting up my new Donzi just yet! You might try Eddie Marine at Flame Arresters (http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/catalog.asp?CategoryID=34&CategoryName=Flame+Arrestors)

harbormaster
06-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Steve I had an idea for a custom one that you might like to hear about. Call me and I will tell you about it. It would be just as easy to make two as it would be 1.

Tommy McDermott
06-17-2002, 01:43 PM
scott, in thought that blue one was different. when did you get your boat?

Air 22
06-17-2002, 07:11 PM
GO TO CPPERFORMANCE.COM THEY HAVE EVERYTHING OR TRY KEITH ECKERT.COM I'VE SEEN MANY AT BOTH SITES.

boldts
06-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Tommy,
My wife and I just bought the 22 back in April. According to friends up in Michigan, our 18 Classic is running around a lake called Sand Lake. We had to trade the 18 in to get the 22. How have you been? Hope all is well. Hope to see you this summer up at Alum Creek? :)

Tommy McDermott
06-18-2002, 10:22 AM
we've all been good, still have the baja, im on the lake 4+ days a week. its a bright red 19' baja with black stripes, look for us and we'll look for you.