PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Gen 1 Drive Ratio?

Riley
07-08-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm about ready to tear into a new project boat, and I'm curious as to where the drive ratio might be stamped on a 1990 Gen 1 Alpha outdrive. On my 99 Donzi with the Gen 2 it was right on the outdrive, but I'm not seeing it here on this Gen 1. Any ideas? The outdrive is backing up a 350 Mag carb engine.

Rootsy
07-08-2003, 10:34 AM
man, they used to be on a tag or stamped into the decal on the side of the drive, kinda like the GEN II.. but i cannot verify that... i just have faint memories of it... the 350 mag standard ratio was 1.5... unless you ordered it for high altitude maybe then 1.65... but who knows if it's been swapped or replaced or what not...

so what is your NEW project?

mikev
07-08-2003, 11:49 AM
it should be stamped on the decal on the upper side of the drive. if it is not there i dont know what to tell you other than 90% of 350 mags of that time came with the 1.5 ratio

Riley
07-08-2003, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the info, guys!

Jamie, to answer your question on the new project.......now, don't get mad and get me thrown off of the Donzi boards.....

After searching all Spring long for a larger Donzi in my price range, I ended up buying my old Checkmate Strobe 201 back from the guy I sold it to back in 1996, right here in Cedarville. The boat and trailer are in excellent condition, very well maintained, and the price was way too good to pass up. The engine and outdrive have some hours on them, but the boat will still run 66 mph on the speedo with me in it and half a tank of gas.

At this point I'm planning on thrashing on the motor and outdrive a bit, with the intention of running a gps 70 mph. Kind of a cheap and fun way to get out on the water,while I keep my eyes peeled for the perfect deal on a Donzi in the 22-26 foot range.

I know, I know....a Checkmate isn't a Donzi! But on the other hand, it isn't a Baja or Bayliner, either.....and will have to do until I can afford a Donzi big enough to haul my girlfriend and her kids along!

Riley
07-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the info, guys!

Jamie, to answer your question on the new project.......now, don't get mad and get me thrown off of the Donzi boards.....

After searching all Spring long for a larger Donzi in my price range, I ended up buying my old Checkmate Strobe 201 back from the guy I sold it to back in 1996, right here in Cedarville. The boat and trailer are in excellent condition, very well maintained, and the price was way too good to pass up. The engine and outdrive have some hours on them, but the boat will still run 66 mph on the speedo with me in it and half a tank of gas.

At this point I'm planning on thrashing on the motor and outdrive a bit, with the intention of running a gps 70 mph. Kind of a cheap and fun way to get out on the water,while I keep my eyes peeled for the perfect deal on a Donzi in the 22-26 foot range.

I know, I know....a Checkmate isn't a Donzi! But on the other hand, it isn't a Baja or Bayliner, either.....and will have to do until I can afford a Donzi big enough to haul my girlfriend and her kids along! eek!

Riley
07-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Damn, big fingers and a touchy key board.....