PDA

View Full Version : Don Aranow story on A&E again Tonight

pmreed
09-23-2003, 11:20 AM
For those of you who missed this the last time it was on, the City Confidential program about Don Aranow will be shown again on the A&E Network at 6:00 PM EDT tonight and again at 4:00 AM EDT tomorrow morning. biggrin. biggrin.

Enjoy, Phil

33 Daytona
09-24-2003, 01:25 PM
THANKS! Watched it, taped it, but I was a little disapointed they focused so much time on Cigarette and hardly mentioned Donzi. Is there a reason for that?

Kikwear
09-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeah, it was all Cigarette. They showed only one Donzi and it wasn't even the Classic. Pretty cool to finally understand the story behind the legend. I had no idea he started Apache too. Those are awesome.

Ranman
09-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Kik,

He didn't start Apache, he designed and sold Ben and his cronies the first hull/mold.

Poodle, I taped it. Even paused on the commercials. If you're interested, send an SASE for the tape and it's yours to view/copy and return.

Craig
09-25-2003, 06:28 AM
I keep reading that this show was on - the day after - it was on!!!

Regarding the Cigarette thing, it's been my limited experience that people kind of generically call off-shore style boats "Cigarette Boats." Kind of like how everyone calls an adjustable wrench, a "Crescent Wrench."

There is no known explanation...

I also have a friend whose last name is "Phillips" -- Anytime I've worked with tools around him, it's like "hand me that Phillips screw driver" -- to which he replies "all of my screwdrivers are "Phillips" screwdrivers."

It gets old, but it's funny.

Donzigo
09-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Give me a KLEENEX (tissue)
I'll take a COKE (soda)
Go get a BAND-AID (adhesive strip)
Isn't that POODLE'S CRITERIAN (Donzi Criterian)

Oops..........here we go again, product brand name/owner.......it's hard to distinquish the difference

Ranman
09-25-2003, 07:46 AM
In the North, if you ask for a Coke, you get Coca-Cola. Everything else is "pop". :D :D :D

mikev
09-25-2003, 10:21 AM
in the south anything carbontated is a coke.

Cuda
09-25-2003, 01:01 PM
When you order coke in Miamuh, you get a razor blade and a DRY straw.

roadtrip se
09-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Randy,

My schedule is defintely not oriented around television these days. Not even one in the house.

I will bring a blank tape next time I hit the hacienda off of 7th.

Todd