PDA

View Full Version : Transom mounted flush attachment???

Grip-it
09-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Does anybody know the proper way to use the transom mounted flush attachment??? I have a 87 18'classic with 350 and alpha one?? The old threads really don't completly answer the question. Thanks!

rms
09-22-2003, 02:43 PM
The correct way is not to use it. I did once and thought all was well. The next time I used the boat the cooling system was working normally as I idled out past the no wake zone. Unfortunately at speed, the valve inside the flushomatic decided to block water from the outdrive getting to the engine. If you must use the flusher, I would replace the 'automatic' valve with a manual one.

MOP
09-22-2003, 06:50 PM
I have installed a bunch of these over the years, on drives with pumps in the drive the check valve should be put in the garden hose inlet line or eliminated. Problem is if the cap comes off most of the water will shoot out the back and over heat the engine, I have always opted to keep the check valve. If the valve is in the water supply line from the drive to the engine it is in the wrong place and can cause problems, it goes in the feed line from the drive before the T with an engine pump setup.