PDA

View Full Version : Isabel...

digitalMan
09-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Hey folks. I apologize if this isn't the right forum.

Hope everybody weathered the storm all right. I'm in Baltimore County, and the Donzi survived. I keep my Baja on Miller's Island, and it didn't do so well. It started on a lift, and finished in somebody's yard. It didn't sink, but the boat is COVERED with scratches, gouges, dings, broken pieces, and general cosmetic damage.

I was wondering if anybody who's had experience with this sort of thing could offer any advice or tips for dealing with the insurance company.

Thanks in advance...

Morgan's Cloud
09-22-2003, 11:38 AM
dM
Sorry to hear of your damage,I can imagine what it looks like.Thanks to Fabian I am now experiencing my first boat insurance claim too.
I'm not sure how your insurance companies work but as I've found out it seems they prefer if possible you give them a complete estimate involving the minimum number of service providers.This is is difficult for me because I've suffered f/glass,paint,woodwork and windscreen damage ... each damage represents a different repair person....I always use the best guys when I can't do the job myself .
SO my ins. co. likes it if I can find ONE place that can do everything in house . As far as payout goes.. it's still too early to tell.But for both of us I hope they don't *&$k us around !
PS..I'm a responsible boater too.. mine was hauled for the storm and on dry land ... :mad:

digitalMan
09-22-2003, 01:21 PM
I thought of another question for you guys. The boat ended up in a field.

The outdrive is down, and the entire stern is basically resting on the outdrive.

Apart from the obvious damage to the prop and lower unit where they touch the ground, are there likely to be more problems associated with putting all that weight on the outdrive?

Thanks again.

Morgan's Cloud
09-22-2003, 01:28 PM
This too is something I've seen happen in the past and quite a bit 17 days ago.As a matter of fact it happened to the Searay next to me in the yard...(the guy who scratched me on the way down )
.I too am interested in the experts opinions on this one ...