PDA

View Full Version : St. Johns River? Boatels

Hardonzi
08-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Anyone have some info on places to stay with the boat? Putting in Deland, I`m heading to the Silver Glenn Labor Day weekend. I was told it`s a 28 mile jaunt from Deland to Lk.George. I was looking for some place like a Holiday Inn or similiar hotel. I have a 22ZX with somewhat throaty exhaust so I don`t want fishcamp layovers.Any info would help,I do most off my boating in Tpa Bay. and the Gulf. I`m thinking of doing more on this river I`m told their is plenty to do without having to deal with rough water,like over here. Need a change of scenery!

CrackerJack
08-11-2002, 07:59 PM
There is a Best Western at the Sanford Marina with
over night docking. The SEADOGS have stayed there before. That is about one hour on the water from Deland. If you launch at highway 44 there is the
Blackwater Inn I believe. That is about an hour to
Silver Glenn. Give me a call if you need any more
help, some of us are planning on getting together that week end. See topic "left-over seadogs".
407-321-2514.

nasty habit
08-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Hontoon landing has a nice set up ..it is just south deland .. www.hontoon.com (http://www.hontoon.com) they have a ramp there too, also Jungle Inn is in Astor which is midway between Deland and Silver Glen , better start finding something quick as things fill up fast...there is also Holiday Inn in Palatka , which is a nice ride south to the Glen less wake zones too...