PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic in So. Jersey needed

1996Z15
07-06-2003, 06:09 PM
I was out in my Donzi today for a pretty long ride. I went from Viking Yacht in New Gretna through AC, into Ventnor and Margate and back. The boat ran great until I started my return trip from Ventnor. Once I dropped my brother and hois two boys off I went to pull away from the shore and the engine sounded like it was running on four cylinders; like the carburetor was loading up. I never realized how many No Wake zones there are in that area. Anyway, once I made it through them and could get on it the boat seemed to clear out and began to idle properly from then on. I had a similar problem a week or so ago after idling through the No Wake zones on the Mullica. I'd like to correct this but I am no mechanic. Does anyone know of someone reputable in the Tuckerton, New jersey area that (don't laugh) makes house calls? I don't have a vehicle to tow my boat so I wouldn't be able to take it to the mechanic.
I know, I know, I'd better learn how to work on my own boat and quick. In the meantime though I need the name of a good mechanic in my area.

Thanks

Shanghied Again
07-06-2003, 07:26 PM
I only know of good Mechanics up in Toms River/Bricktown area. Typhoon being one of them. 732-477-6157 if you want to give me a call I will be here till Wed

1996Z15
07-06-2003, 08:07 PM
Frank if I had access to a truck that I could tow my boat with I would have it there even if I didn't have an issue with it. I'd love to have your guys check it out and see if you could tune a few mph out of it.

Moody Blu'
07-08-2003, 12:11 AM
it sounds like you oculd have a blown head gasket?
hows the oil?is it white?

Im in manahawkin, I could go for a ride with ya and see whats goin on.