PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Magazine

Tom on Lanier
04-19-2001, 06:03 AM
I now have a commitment from Hot boat Magazine to do an article on the Lake Cumberland AOTH! They will probably not be there but promised to do an article if I can come up with some good photography of the event. They want pictures of boats and of people and request as much material as possible. Their preference is for color slide film. High quality digital may work also but they really want slide film. They don't need it developed, just the exposed film is fine. Therefore, everyone so inclined, bring your cameras, and shoot up a bunch of film. You may give me the film before you leave, if you like, and I will send it to HotBoat in a package. Or you can send it yourself. I will be talking to them after the event to tell them about the weekend of Donzi fun so they can do the article. If all goes well, it may make the August issue or September for sure.
BTW, with GEOO's help, we're going to try to make a video too.
This is going to be very cool!!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Bandit
04-19-2001, 11:00 AM
That's great news Tom. I'll make sure to bring mine.

Anymore thoughts on organizing the video shoot with GEOO so we can all get a copy?

------------------
Bandit...

GEOO
04-19-2001, 12:56 PM
Sound's great I have a Digital Video Recorder. But I'm not the best at editing??
GEOO

RedDog
04-19-2001, 04:27 PM
I'll have my DV camera and I'm not too expert at editing either. But I have learned to convert the film to a video CD that plays on my DVD to the big screen TV. The possibilities are exciting. Big screen Donzi's with surround sound and subwoofer from my easy chair.

Check out this link for other online video possibilities. I put this together some time back -
http://video.lycos.com/myvideocenter/viewvmail.asp?vm=443455&e=44asWb02mbhxI&r=1 - oh, click on the 56k connection icon

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

[This message has been edited by Reddog (edited 04-19-2001).]

BigGrizzly
04-19-2001, 06:45 PM
I don't a digital camera, so I just be Styling and looking pretty.

Randy

Tom on Lanier
04-19-2001, 08:37 PM
GEOO - I have an idea on how to get the editing done. I'll e-mail you on that.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

RedDog
04-19-2001, 10:49 PM
BigGriz - if you are as pretty as you say, I better have a camera to catch that beauty. I just wonder, and its not really a pretty thought considering your moniker, but just how pretty are you going to be by midnight Saturday? Maybe I should discourage First Mate DonziDeb from coming?

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

Tom on Lanier
04-20-2001, 05:53 AM
Reddod - just remember that beauty is----Hey Grizz - you been looking in the mirror again? Better ask Barb to bring her digital camera to take pictures - of me!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif Well, somebody anyway.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

wbateman
04-20-2001, 06:45 PM
Tom,
I think Griz's mirror is either cracked or broken!!!

BigGrizzly
04-20-2001, 08:48 PM
I,m not perty, just a little fat Italian guy from Jersey that likes to go fast in my Donzi. The only good looking thing about me is my wife. Don't anybody reminde her to put her glasses on.

Randy

Bryan Tuvell
04-20-2001, 09:21 PM
BIG GRIZ... your not one of those Don Johnson pretty boys are ya..... Maybe we should get GQ or Cosmo instead of HotBoat!!!

http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif Teasing of course... Bryan