PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland APBA Offshore

boldts
08-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Since I'm laid-up, I happened to take a look at the APBA website and low and behold, the Offshore race is this weekend. It seems that Donzi is sponsoring a Hooters Swimsuit Competition on Sat. and Sun. evening at the Hooters located in the Flats of Cleveland. They also have a VIP tent in the pit area.

I called APBA in Florida for information as to the cost to get to this area and also to offer help as a patrol boat on the course. I am thinking there is no better way to recover than the sound of BIG CUBE engines, beautiful, long, and lean race boats. I'd like to go up both Sat. and Sun., but I may have to limit this trip to Sunday only.

Is anyone else planning on attending the races? Sure would be a great event to meet more Donzi owners and support the new Donzi 38ZR race boat.

For anyone needing information on the race, go to Cleveland APBA Offshore (http://www.apba-offshore.com/location.cfm?EventID=13)

Robert Geoghegan
08-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Boldts,
I'll be there-throttling "Team Carrabbas", P5-14. Stop by and introduce yourself!
Hope you feel better.
BOB G.

boldts
08-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Bob - Thanks for the invite! Just got done making a hotel reservation for Sat. night. Plan to come up Sat. afternoon and head over to Hooters for the competition eek! and of course some dinner. Hope to see you there and if not, we'll be up early Sun. to tour the pits. I'll be sure to stop by and say hello although I don't want to get in your way before the race so I won't stay to long. Be ready for picture taking as I'll have my camara with to record the day. Good Luck and a safe race to you and the team! :)

smoothie
08-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Boldts,
I may take my son.Dont know if it will be Sat.or Sun. E-mail me your cell No. and I will give you a call on my way up,Sounds like fun :D

Boat_Mon
08-08-2002, 08:52 PM
Bob,

P5???? What are you running? hull and motor.