PDA

View Full Version : DesMoines Iowa

Digger
08-08-2002, 10:55 AM
headed there Sunday for most of next week. Anybody live out that way, give me a ring 540-588-0197

Sean
08-08-2002, 12:07 PM
Digger,

I'll give you a call. What the heck brings you up to Des Moines?

ToonaFish
08-08-2002, 12:48 PM
His job... he drives a bizarre taxi.

Bunches,

Celene 'go see Lake ObiWanKenobi'

RH
08-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Digger, I live just north of Des Moines about a 100 miles. I'm there every week. Saylorville Resevoir is just north of Des Moines. Sean, do you do all of your boating at Saylorville?
RH

Sean
08-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Most of my boating in on Saylorville. Usually get the the Ozarks 3-4 times per year and Rathbun about twice a year. Do you go to Clear Lake? Sean

RH
08-09-2002, 08:25 PM
Sean, I live in between Clear Lake and Okoboji, and we have alot of friends at Okoboji, so I usually head up there. Great water for a Donzi!
RH

Digger
08-13-2002, 02:06 PM
just had a nice visit with Sean, Rick, and family(s). was great meeting you guys! hopefully see you on the water...AOTH III ??

http://www.donzi.net/photos/MHOWARDDESMOINES.jpg

RedDog
08-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Great photo - I'm jealous of course.

Sagbay32
08-13-2002, 04:25 PM
I 2nd that Reddog......"Hey Taxi"

boldts
08-13-2002, 06:05 PM
Digger - Think you could talk the President into spending a day at AOTH III? We might be able to get the Bush family out of that Cigarette and into a 38ZR. Only problem would be if someone's Donzi broke down, all the rental boats in the area would be rented by the Secret Service agents. Excuse me Freda, but we need to move all these cars so that the Presidential Helicopter can land in the parking lot! :)

BTW, very cool picture. If the President should get to Columbus, OH, please give me a call. I'd love to see not only you, but the President's taxi!

bverd
08-13-2002, 06:50 PM
How COOL is that eek! eek! eek! . Digger, "You Da MAN!!" We have to hook up on the Potomac sometime, or hell just hookup for a drink or something. --bverd

HyperDonzi
08-13-2002, 07:00 PM
scott, the president has been here a few times this year. (thinking to my self: what was the point of that post, im sure he dosent live in a cave!)

us at buns restaurant were honored to have mr george w at the restaurant about 10 years back ( well before i knew it existed) we are trying to get him to come back sometime after march 4th, there was a large arson fire last march 4th and rebuilding is expected to be done on the 1 year anniversary.

ToonaFish
08-13-2002, 11:47 PM
Okay, I'm an old softie, but that picture just screams Rockwellian/Hallmark moment. Heartland, Mom, Apple Pie, and the Flag... thanks for the goosebumps!

Bunches,

Celene 'excuse me while I go get a hankie'

mjpcowboy
08-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Digger thanks for showing us around. That was something not many people can say they have had a chance to do. We all appreciate the time you spent with us. We are going to make a point to get to the AOTH next year to meet all the great people you talk about. Again I want to say thanks, that was awesome experience!!! :)

Sean
08-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Digger, I can't say thank you enough. That was a great experience. My family and I had a great time. As Rick said, I hope to see all of you next year at AOTH. Digger represents the Marines and Donzi well. Thanks again Digger. You went up and beyond the call of duty. wink If anyone gets to or around Des Moines, Give me a call, Home #(515) 964-7297, Cell #(515) 208-4848.

Digger
08-14-2002, 02:46 PM
my pleasure guys, glad we could do it!

coming soon to a town near you...Digger and a shiny helicopter :D I hope I can meet many more, and see old friends again, through the rest of the year.

Toona, nicely said.

in the "oh by the way" category, the flag that looks backwards...it's the "milspec" way of painting it, because it is supposed to look like the way it would fly if it were a real flag attached to the helicopter in flight.