PDA

View Full Version : Holman Moody Alternator Belt

DOND
09-16-2003, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know the size or an equivalent part number for the alternator belt on a 1969 Holman Moody 302.I am just finishing up the boat and it never had one on to compare to.
Also it does not look like a fun task, do I have to remove the water pump?If so it looks like a jabsco. What would the impeller part number be.
Thanks,Don

Bigbroadjumper
09-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Don, we need to get together before the end of the season. What are you doing this weekend?
You might call Lee Holman at Holman Moody he might know.

DOND
09-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi Bob,I am at Racine(Reefpoint) on Saturdays with my dad on his boat.If the weather is decent on sunday I will be at Lake Geneva.Let me know if you will be there time is running short.I have been looking for you on sundays but I haven' seen you. Is your truck up and running yet?
Don

HOTFOOT
09-16-2003, 03:45 PM
Don,
The belt on my HM 302 is 31 inches long and marked 31013, the pump is a Jabsco with impeller # 1210-0001 and the pump does have to be removed to install the belt. I haven't installed my engine yet but am not relishing the idea of having to change the belt or the impeller in the boat.

mphatc
09-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Don,

I also run a 1969 Holman Moody 302. The pump is a Jabsco. If your's is mounted on 4 posts with the pump fastened to a rectangular plate on 4 bolts . . . then you'll need to remove 2 of the bolts that function as supports for the "pump bracket".

You should be able to calculate the length of the belt with a tape measure, buy a couple longewr and shorter, use the best fit as the alternator slide bar has lots of adjustment.

Good Luck!
MPHATC

Bigbroadjumper
09-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Don, Yes the truck is back and better then ever. Lake Geneva in down about 1 1/2' and it is very hard to get the boat off the trailer, but I will be there on Sunday. We try to get there in the AM. Lets hook up.

DOND
09-17-2003, 09:33 AM
MPHATC
HOTFOOT
Thanks for the info.I pulled the pump off last night to check the impeller,it looks good.Today I will get the belt and put the whole thing back together. This will not be easy,I have to be vertical in the bilge to get to it.Lining up the lovejoy coupler along with the pump and mounting bracket will be a pain.Thanks again for your response.
Don

Bob,I will look for you on sunday.I keep my boat on a pier in Williams Bay, west shore, 3 piers down from the chippewa. Will you be at Buttons Bay?
Don