PDA

View Full Version : Jefe's Revenge, back in action

Team Jefe
09-15-2003, 12:26 PM
For those few of you who enjoy our fishing reports, my apologies for not having one this week.

The Revenge was in the shop most of the week trying to find an port motor starting problem. The shop guys could not find anything wrong, but I had tehm rebuild the starter, install a new solenoid, and clean all the electrical connections on the port motor and ignition system. Got her back Friday and took a shakedown run on Sunday. Everything worked perfect, no starting problem, I even ran up to 5600 RPM and got 56.4 MPH on the GPS fully loaded. Not to bad for a fishin' boat with "clamp on" motors.

A special thanks to JimG, Marie, Spencer & Evelyn for the assistance at the ramp. Also, Krakmeup & RAE for facilitating a great day on Clear Lake. Keith's nephew Matt and his girl Jenn joined me on a speed run for lunch. I think Jenn liked being at the helm of a boat going "really fast", We made a 90 deg turn at about 45 mph coming out of Nassau Bay, and the stepped hull turned like it was on a rail :D . So, I am back in the saddle.

Also, a VERY Special thanks to the Harbormaster. I wouldn't be part of this crew if it wasn't for all the work Scot puts in. Thanks buddy.

JEFE

JimG
09-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Another great day on the water!

Thanks for lunch, and for spending the day with us..

BTW: How's Amanda? Is she booked for a Revenge trip yet?
:D
JimG

Team Jefe
09-15-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm workin' the bait. Some of the more desirable catches take a slow and steady hand, try and set the hook too fast and you'll loose them.