PDA

View Full Version : sarasota help...

smokediver
09-14-2003, 09:52 AM
I took my 16 out for one last ride before the big weekend and it just shut down... I think I have a voltage problem to my fuel pump.. only getting 9.6 volts there ...I think I will be bumming rides next weekend... crap !

Cuda
09-14-2003, 01:04 PM
If all the other voltages are ok, it has to be a connection or a ground. What voltage are you geting across the battery while cranking?

CDMA
09-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Running or not...bring it...

Chris

We have tools, parking lot tech session anyone???

BUIZILLA
09-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Your fuel pump voltage should be the same as your battery/alternator voltage. If it's only 9.6 key on-engine off, then your battery took a dump... Why did it take a dump? because Matty needed a new battery, and you got his somehow.. :D
The fuel pump relay needs to see at least 10.5-11.8 volts to cycle properly. A good static battery should produce 12.2-12.3 volts. If your battery is 12.0-12.3, then you have a bad connection at the circuit breaker, or relay(s) pair.

J

loading up for 'Sota

Tidbart
09-14-2003, 02:34 PM
John,
You are not getting out of bringing your boat that easy. I have a tow rope and a paddle if you need it. biggrin.

Some people will do anything to get a ride in my 18. :p

See you next weekend. Who are you bringing with you? How about a preview? :p wink

B

smokediver
09-14-2003, 03:33 PM
thanks for all the advice guys.. much appreciated . I am hoping to have the reair done before thursday. I checked all the grounds and the battery is in good shape.. there is a oil pressure sensor relay to the oil pump that i need to check next..thanks for the offer bob .. ok here she is . joie is her name.... i am sure i will need to get ranya's approval !
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jj2.jpg