PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready for Possum Kingdom....

harbormaster
09-14-2003, 06:57 AM
I picked up the newly rebuilt engine fro the 18 from the machine shop Friday afternoon (in between rain showers).

Final list:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bored all 8 cylinders 20 thousands <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">New Flat top pistons and rings <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">New crank bearings (rods and mains) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Milled heads (1 head was a tad warped) <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Balanced the assembled shortblock<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
I worked yesterday at the boatyard assembling the engine and helping out the owner who is a friend of mine with other projects.

Today I will complete re-assembly and drop the bugger in. Maybe an early evening boat ride is on my schedule today.

Wish me luck!

Capt. Donzi
09-14-2003, 07:23 AM
Good luck Scot, sounds like you did a great job,
I am sure you'll be boating by sunset :)
Ted

Team Jefe
09-15-2003, 12:11 PM
HM - Sorry I didn't make it by yesterday. We stayed on the water longer than expected. Then the rain came, so I hauled a$$ home.

So, what's the status?

harbormaster
09-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Got it back to together yesterday late.
It will be in this afternoon.

Trueser
09-15-2003, 04:14 PM
Scot,
What about the Z29? Are you still working on that project?

Trueser

Shark in the Pond
09-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Did not make it to P.K. this yr. and I sure miss it ,let us now how it went!

harbormaster
09-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Trueser, the z29 is going in a land fill. I could not even give it away.

Shanghied Again
09-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Scot, The best of luck with her.

harbormaster
09-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Here she is. She ran the minute I hit the key. After minor adjustments I took here for an hour long shakedown cruise...

This is a video. She lives!! (http://www.donzi.net/photos/108_0854.AVI)

JimG
09-18-2003, 07:04 AM
YYAAAAYYY!!! Good job, Scot!

Now... DON'T SELL IT!!!!! :D

JimG

farmer tx
09-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Kevin,
You have not missed a thing YET. You need to come join us at Bass Hollow on PK 9/26-9/28. Bring your boat,or there will be Classics and ZX's or ZF's to check out and ride in. There will be room for all. :cool:

Hope to see you there,
Mark

Team Jefe
09-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Shark - Mark is on the money. There will be plenty of room. I'll even offer Jefe's Revenge if a Lubbock Landlubber doesn't mind riding a South Texas Salty Dog.

Just remember, Rule #2 of Jefe's Revenge:
All Girls Have to Where Bikini's :cool:

Hope to see you there.

JEFE

Darrell
09-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Scot sounds like she's better than ever, Now you are ready to work on the Viper.

Kevin, the guys are right you haven't missed anything YET!!! just head east and you can be at PK before you know it, If you can't make it on Friday join us on Saturday and Sunday. We have the room if you don't bring a boat.

Darrell

Shark in the Pond
09-19-2003, 06:17 PM
**** Fire man ,what ya'll talking about,fill me in on this gathering ! I have some vact.time still :D

Shark in the Pond
09-19-2003, 06:44 PM
O.K ...did a little reading here and see what you have going on now . What's the boat and people count now ? Where is everyone staying ( any room's)? Mark who are you bringing and where are you going to drop dead at nite ? Would rather leave this gas hog at home and catch me some ride's in them there Donzi's .

DonCig
09-19-2003, 08:36 PM
I have an extra room in my cabin, my wife may have a small objection in offering this room to a stranger, unless of course, you are bearing a bottle of Don Julio Anejo!!

Don

Shark in the Pond
09-19-2003, 09:11 PM
Dons' Mile High 18:
I have an extra room in my cabin, my wife may have a small objection in offering this room to a stranger, unless of course, you are bearing a bottle of Don Julio Anejo!!

Don This is one of the best reason to be part of the boating world! No matter where you go most everyone is family , like offering a room to a stanger eek! ,incase you told your wife about offering the room to a stranger ( which I can't belive you have ) ask her to stop whipping you because he said thank's but passed on the offer.I do thank you and still need to find out about room's ? Where should I book at ? Would be nice to crawl out to the dock's in the morning and pour myself in someones boat if I still can :confused:

DonCig
09-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Kevin, I made a major Boo-Boo. My wife was looking over my shoulder when I typed the invitation to let you stay in the spare room. Boy an I in BIG trouble. You had better be a major stud muffin or I will be in troulble all weekend.
The web link below will take care of your accomodations. Like I said, if you are a Mel Gibson look alike, you probably can ride in my boat with my wife thinking I know how to make realy good choices! If not, you will probably have to try the sympathy ploy for room and boat space.

http://www.basshollow.com/

Ask for Deanne.

Don

ToonaFish
09-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Deanne doesn't care if you look like Mel Gibson, she'll let anyone sleep under her roof! eek!

Shark in the Pond
09-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Dons' Mile High 18:
Kevin, I made a major Boo-Boo. My wife was looking over my shoulder when I typed the invitation to let you stay in the spare room. Boy an I in BIG trouble. You had better be a major stud muffin or I will be in troulble all weekend.
The web link below will take care of your accomodations. Like I said, if you are a Mel Gibson look alike, you probably can ride in my boat with my wife thinking I know how to make realy good choices! If not, you will probably have to try the sympathy ploy for room and boat space.

http://www.basshollow.com/

Ask for Deanne.

Don Hell we all knew you blew your chance of getting lucky over the weekend with your kind offer :biggrin:Tell her you lost your mind but are much better now . Stud or a Mel...No never been called that but I do bring the party with me :cool: What's the boat count anyone know ,I'm planning on going to Peformance Marine end of the yr. blow out the following weekend after T.R.II at Lake Whitney, So is this going to be a get together I don't want to miss and plan on my next 2 weekend's being spent with a big boat bash each weekend ,I can do it that biggrin.

Team Jefe
09-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Shark - you can ride in my Donzi all weekend if you leave that...that....that...bayliner.....uuuuyyyeecckk, at home :D

Shark in the Pond
09-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Jefe's Revenge:
Shark - you can ride in my Donzi all weekend if you leave that...that....that...bayliner.....uuuuyyyeecckk, at home :D Would make a nice photo having that killer Bayliner tied up with the Donzi's :D I would love to bring my boat but have no cover yet and I won't get much sleep thinking someones out there with a wrench helping themself to my boat.If my boat would have sold by now I would have the 26" Scarab I'm looking at and would love to bring it instead of my freinds......well you know . Can I still get a ride with you ?