PDA

View Full Version : Thrasher Prop (Hill) questions??

bverd
09-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Anybody running one of the Bronson Hill Thrasher props. Curious what type of performance you are getting from it. What is the ride like, is it a bow lifting prop, anything you can share.

--bverd

GEOO
09-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Brad, I tried one on my old 290 drive. It was good for water skiing and that was about it. Big blades. I sent it back. I believe it was a 27 inch pitch. I think they still have it. They told me they would give me credit back if they ever sold it. I liked the Volvo Ultra the best. Second best was Hydromotive four blade. (I switched to a Merc. style Shaft in the Volvo after burning up five or six Volvo Ultra Rubber hubs)..

BigGrizzly
09-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Brad I have one on my Corsican it is a big ear Leftie and a 23 pitch that pulls beteer than my 25 Mich wheel. Right it is not on My boat. If you would like to try it I will bring it to Sarasota. Call me at work 678-339-2548 (8:40-5:00) ot home 770-740-8869 (6:30-10:30). I like as well as the ultra 4 blade they never made(where did I put that prop) and the 3 blade ultra. My hill is not a rubber hub..

Forrest
09-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Brad, I have both a RH and a LH 26 or 27 Bronson Hill Thrasher on my Magnum. For that boat, the Thrashers seemed to work slightly better than the Ultras. I could probably let you borrow one to give a try. Besides, I won't be needing it much longer once I do the DPX swap out. If it works for you, who knows, I may let it go. On the other hand, I would rather let 'em go as a pair so I don't get stuck with the orphan RH prop, but anything is possible. My guess is that the Ultra is the prop for an 18 Donzi with a Volvo drive.

bverd
09-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback...

Ok... here is my situation. Insurance has paid for a prop (RIP Forest). I just wanted to hear about or try a Thrasher before I shelled out $500+ for one. Or if it isn't the right prop I will continue my neverending search. I agree the Ultra is THE prop for a Donzi w/volvo. I just can't get my hands on the one I want. LH 26

Griz, would love to try it, would you let me bring it home and ship it back to you?

--bverd

BigGrizzly
09-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes Brad I will let you borrow it. Prop is packed.