PDA

View Full Version : 26zx or 28 zx

roadking
09-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Looking to trade up to a 26zx or 28zx over the off season. I'll probably go with the 26 b/c of $$$. is the 28zx worth the $$$ difference? Any input would be great. When is the best time to buy from a dealer?

anyone know about the 26zx on ebay?

RICPAZ
09-10-2003, 12:12 PM
There is not much difference in design, or the length of the two boats. I think the 28 is a little over a foot longer. The big difference is single engine vs. twins. I am trying to decide between a 26 and 28 also, but I think I'm gonna go with the 26 with the single engine because maintanenece costs are much cheaper with one engine instead of two, not to mention lower fuel costs. From what I have seen and read, performance is somewhat similar. I think the 28ZX with twin Mercs (6.2 L?) will run slightly faster (70-72 mph) than the 26 with single 496HO (70 mph). But if you get the 26 with the 500HP or 525HP then that should give you a little more speed (mid 70's)over the 28. Unless you get the 28 Scorpion with twin 377's which is an 80 mph boat!

-Rich

daboys
09-10-2003, 12:47 PM
I own a 28 ZXO and have been extremely pleased with the boat. Has twin small blocks (5.7) and runs in the mid 60's. Kids love the open bow, the ride is great even in 2'- 3' seas.

Either boat will provide many days of pleasure, congratulations on selecting a Donzi

Darrell
09-10-2003, 01:11 PM
I went with the 26ZX because of the price differance and upkeep. I think both boats are great boats and it's comes down to do want to (2) small blocks, a little more cabin room and do you want to pay the differance.

I assume that you are talking about the 26ZX that had the no reserve a couple of weeks ago. I watch that auction since it was nearly the same boat as I had. I thought was a little funny that the last minute winning bid came from someone who had not placed a bid before on it. :rolleyes: If he bought that boat for 50K with trailer and only 10 hours he got a great deal.

Darrell

olemissalum
09-10-2003, 01:32 PM
I raft with a friend that has a 28ZX and I have the 26ZX. There is alomost no difference, just decide whether you want the twins or single.

mjpcowboy
09-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I had a 26ZX 454 MAG for 2 years. A very good friend has a 28ZX 2 350's. If you had asked me before I had been on his several times I would have said not much difference for the money but I would have been totally wrong. Twins make all the difference in the world for performance and handling. You cannot see the difference unless you drive them. Plus if you loose an engine which does happen you can still make it back to the dock. Worth every penny of the difference in my opinion.