PDA

View Full Version : The Best Ever

Barry Phillips
09-10-2003, 09:31 AM
This past Lake George Classic Donzis Club family picnic was in my view one of the best ever. As usual great boats which ranged from a 40th Anniversary 22 to a very rare 1967 twin hatch barrel back 18 as well as just about everything else in between, including GEOO's extreme X18, Don's elegant Red Head and Ed's Black Hawk. It was truly a perfect day and there were many new faces as well as the old guard in attendance. There never seems to be enough time to chat with everyone, but I did get to meet the newest Desmond and I got to know Doc Dan a little better, although in a service area on NY Thruway . I was impressed with a young Donzi owner who showed up with some of his friends sporting a vintage 18, a nice group, it’s great to see a new generation taking an interest in the boats we love so much. Chris gave us a wake-boarding exhibition behind Mighty Mouse. Once again I want to thank Ed and his lovely wife Augusta, (I hope I spelled her name right), through they’re great efforts made this event happen, and I sincerely hope the club can continue.
Thankyou Eddie.

SO-SLO

Dr. Dan
09-10-2003, 08:13 PM
:D Barry....I enjoyed running into you at the Rest Stop...how bizaar! I always enjoy the Fall Picnic...out of all of the Events we attend.....and we attend a few of them, The Fall Picnic is such a nice and low key Event. Liz and I just love going to Lake George...we need to make an effort to spend more time there than just a couple of days twice a year! wink We made it back in about 7 hours...which is a "Picnic" compared to the Winni Drive (12 hours with Traffic). What ever happens in Lake George with the Club is up to fate. The Donzi owners will always get together there, for many years to come...Looking forward to our next Trip up there..

Doc :p

CDMA
09-10-2003, 08:16 PM
The Club will go on...

Chris

I hate containerships