PDA

View Full Version : Silent Choice Help

TRU-JACK
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
My silent choice, currently, in the 'thru prop' position when switched to the 'thru hull' position only opens up on the port side. The other side seems to stick about half way and I noticed the tubing to the pump is somewhat kinked on the side that sticks. Any suggestions or tips? thanks I can get pics if necessary to explain the problem. Jeff

TRU-JACK
09-11-2003, 01:46 PM
anybody?
thanks

wytmike
09-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Is your battery fully charged? We had aproblem with ours working sometimes and not other and only opening one side. Turns out the solenoids that operate them draw quite a bit and our battery was partially drained. Full charge and everything works great.

RickR
09-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Check your air lines for holes and kinks.
Check diverters for binding.

TRU-JACK
09-11-2003, 04:30 PM
rickr, the air line has a kink near the end at the pump. I have slack, do I just take it off, cut out the kink and rejoin? Sounds logical to me, is there anything special to rejoin the hose to the coupler? thanks a lot, Jeff

MOP
09-11-2003, 05:31 PM
May be worth putting an L fitting where that line wants to kink, if all you can find is a T fittng cap one end.

RickR
09-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you may have a leak (does the diverter gradually close on its own?).

I have not had mine apart but I would expect a brass compression fitting. The brass bushing should be available at your local hardware.

Check for binding also, there is quite a bit of adjustment available on the pneumatic cylinders.

TRU-JACK
10-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Rick, thanks, you're right it was just a compression fitting. I can close the port side by hand (with the motor off) but I'm unable to push the starboard side closed. Anyone have these things apart, any suggestions? thanks
Jeff

Zinger
10-10-2003, 06:04 PM
I had worked alot with my diverers and found the fiber bushing on both sides of the shaft were bad (LACK OF GREASE FITTINGS), first thing you should try is take the cotter pin out of the flapper and try the actuator and make just this moves freely is so use lots of wd40 on the shafts , the air is used to close the flapper the actuator is spring loaded. Jeff