PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Help...Please read

CDMA
09-09-2003, 09:45 AM
I am trying to make it down for the Hometown Rally but the only way it looks like I can is to fly into Tampa Friday afternoon and fly out either late Sunday or 6 AM Monday Morning. The problem is for me to rent a car is about $200 a day. I was wondering if anyone has flights coming in the same time I could ride with or if anyone would be up that way and could possibly give me a ride.

Thanks guys the earlier I can figure this out the better. I need to make reservations. I am really trying to make it and this is the last hold up.

Thanks again

Chris

bverd
09-09-2003, 09:49 AM
CDMA,

What time Friday afternoon, looks like our convoy might be cruising thru Tampa around midday.

I have a room with 2 queens I am willing to share if someone want's to split some of the costs.

Let me know.

--bverd

Woodsy
09-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Chris...

We have been over this.... LOL!

We will come get you! as far as Sunday goes our flight out is at 4pm... I am sure we can get you back to the airport or delay the rental turn in

Woodsy Von Rental

CDMA
09-09-2003, 09:54 AM
You will come get me Friday??? If so you are the man...

Chris

Professional engine installer and Outboard hanger...thinking Dave might need me this winter... wink

CDMA
09-09-2003, 09:59 AM
I have yet to make reservations so time is a little flexible but I have in mind a 1-3 flight out so maybe an arrival of 4-7? Or something like that...

Chris

BUIZILLA
09-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Chris, you NEED to come to Miami. Talk to the dirty dog for the lowdown. 3 boats, 3 trucks, 2 drivers...

J

bverd
09-09-2003, 10:43 AM
CDMA...

Miami might be cheaper on the airfare, granted there is a little drive involved... but what the hey!

--bverd

CDMA
09-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Jim,

I thought about your offer, and it sounds awesome I am just not sure how it would work out logistically. I fly into Miami Friday @ 4...how do I get the car/boat? Then drive to Sarasota...to drive back Sunday afternoon. If we can figure it out I might be up for it, but how do we do it?

Chris

Budmann
09-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Chris, you know we will always help out any time we can. I have a 7 A.M. flight out on Mon. If you would like to stay over, you are welcome to stay with Jodi and I. If you need my phone number..727-784-4033 Home. Cell 727-251-6788. We are actually putting the boat in at the same ramp we put in while you were down last. Over by Donzigo's house. We are going to leave the ramp at 12:00 noon, and go by the Wharf for lunch. Then a nice cruise down to beautiful Sarasota.
Would love to have you. Just like old times.

Dr. Dan
09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
:cool: C....Do what ya gotta do....get down there, I will make sure someone will retrieve you & return you unharmed :rolleyes: well, maybe slightly pickled! :p ...

Doc

CDMA
09-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Guys,

Thanks for all your help. You are all great friends. I am arriving Friday at 7:15 PM and I fly out Monday at 6:45 AM. Friday night if I can cooridinate something convienent with Brad/Dan/Dwight I will, if not Dave will give me a ride. Sunday after the Rally I will be heading home with Budmann and we fly out of Tampa Monday morning within a few minutes of each other.

Thanks for all your help.

Chris

Air 22
09-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Do I have to be the Taxi AGAIN??? eek!
CHRIS...We will get you there somehow :D
My cell 703-862-1767..Dwight
Doc, Brad and I are all driving in together..DONZI convoy :D Try Sarasota Airport next time..DELTA has many flights to Atlanta etc then you could take the hotel van to the airport. Crissy is flying out on Sunday am from Sarasota.
CE Ya soon..

Dwight wink

FARJR
09-10-2003, 07:19 PM
What are the dates on the Sarasota event. My computer wouldn't download it from events. I know its soon please respond. Would be great to go if not to late for reservations. Thanks Frank

Pegasus
09-10-2003, 08:52 PM
I am coming in to Tampa Friday morning 10:15 and leaving on a flight Sunday evening 6:30. I have rented a car so if anyone has that time frame would more than happy to give them a ride. Let me know!

knee deep
09-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Jim, am going to co=ordinate with the dog and make it 4 trucks (assuming i can rent one) 4 boats and four drivers! The Broward County Contingent will fall in line right behind you dade guys!