PDA

View Full Version : So what happened to the Criterion ss for sale post???

smoothie
09-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Who is the lucky duck or should I say dog wink :D

Capt. Donzi
09-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Oh! so now we know!!! Glad he found another one.
:)

Ed Donnelly
09-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Am I missing something here? I thought the Criterion was a lost cause,and was not sold..Ed

smoothie
09-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Ed, you arent missing anything the post is...For a "brief period" yesterday there was a post about a criterion ss for sale in Virgina for $10,500 so brief that when I got off the phone to call it was gone eek! :D I bet someone is walking with a skip in their step today... :)

bverd
09-09-2003, 08:49 AM
If that is the case, I am here in VA if someone needs me to go take a look.

--bverd

bverd
09-09-2003, 10:45 AM
You know for that matter, I could leave the X18 at home and tow a Criterion SS down to Sarasota... things that make you go hmmmmm!!!

Anybody gonna take me up on that?

--bverd

BUIZILLA
09-09-2003, 10:54 AM
I was just typing that out when I saw your post...

J

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-09-2003, 01:52 PM
It was my post, I pulled the ad. Boat sold yesterday.
Bryan

Hanker
09-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Thanks Poodle for the heads up......

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-12-2003, 07:13 PM
HankerSea; I saw this today in Chesapeake VA, damn, that is where I live!
Amazing how the Donzi wheels turn...
Bryan :D

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellflaplate.jpg

Capt. Donzi
09-12-2003, 09:04 PM
What a surprise!!! biggrin. :rolleyes: biggrin. :p

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-12-2003, 10:33 PM
The new owners talked about Sarasota! Maybe you will Mr Poodle.
Bryan

Nothing like a reward for a job well done! Who needs bolts for the plates, twist ties work fine!

I need new plates!!!!!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellbeer.jpg

boldts
09-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Soooo Bryan, can't you at least share a pic of the SS with-out telling us who now owns the boat. I'll bet a few know by running the plate registration anyway. Boat sold so fast, I missed the post eek!

Ed Donnelly
09-13-2003, 01:22 PM
I have to admit I tried to run the plates,but neither the Metropolitan Toronto Police or the Ontario Provincial Police can tie into the American systems...Dam...Ed

ToonaFish
09-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Um, isn't Poodle's birthday in October?

Bunches,

Celene "does Florida do tag registration on one's birthdate?"

Capt. Donzi
09-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Congrat's Heidi!! :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Ted, I think if Scott and Heidi bought a boat we would all know it by now, hope you and the family are well, we should talk soon.
I will say Poodle would have loved this one.
Bolts, I have a ton of photos, new owner has them all too, I ask him on the phone today to post one to cool this thread down.

Lastly, I give you my word, the boat went North on 95 when it left my house, no joke.
Bryan

Capt. Donzi
09-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Must have been one of those U-haul rental boat trailers that just happened to be registered in Florida :p

McGary911
09-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Ok, WHO GOT THE DAMN SWEET BOAT????...

And welcome to the Criterion club wink

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-14-2003, 09:12 PM
Can't answer that question Mr Poodle.
We did get some more of our film back today. I will email you some pictures.
We sure miss that boat sitting in my driveway!

Bryan

Hanker
09-15-2003, 02:07 PM
I need some help with my new boat. It has a hole in the deck. I covered it with canvas as a temporary fix....... Any thoughts

http://www.donzi.net/photos/deckhole.jpg

BUIZILLA
09-15-2003, 02:32 PM
That's easy..

that's the anchor locker..

either that, or it can be used for a pop-up rotating turret at Z-Bash

J

boldts
09-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Hanker, the ole head North as a diversion trick it appears. Can't recall, but I believe you take I-95 North to get over to I-77 South out of VA. Congrats on the new Donzi Criterion SS. I hope to have the opportunity to see her in person some day. In the mean time, sure would be nice to make it a part of my Donzi wall paper collection. Can we see a full view? :)

McGary911
09-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Hanker, Contrats on the new boat. You've gotten a rare one. I have a "plain" Criterion, and love it. Hope to see a bunch of pics soon. Just make sure youre ready for all the folks that will track you down, and offer you more than you paid for the boat :) :) :) Don't let them sucker you in wink

I assume it has a TRS and a 454, no? Give us some details. One thing Big Grizz told me when i got mine: youll love that velvety smooth transmission. Youll never hear a grind on this setup.

Poodle: North??? Us Jersey guys dont consider miami north? you must be waaaaay south in florida!

ToonaFish
09-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Has it occured to anyone else that HankerSea just might be a Poodle pseudonym?

Not a bad idea, actually. Heidi would never suspect that he invented this new friend to get around her NOMOREBOATS edict.

Bunches,

Celene "seeing lots of invisible friends in the Donzi.net gang's future"

P.S. Oh, and in case you are a real person, Mr. HankerSea, I am fully qualified to fill holes in Donzis. Just sign me, Blonde Ballast.

Islander
09-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Interesting, member #1056 and only 6 posts. There's something rotten in Denmark...and it ain't cheese. biggrin.

smoothie
09-15-2003, 06:42 PM
ToonaFish:
Has it occured to anyone else that HankerSea just might be a Poodle pseudonym?
Same here..,poodle has been to well mannered on this one and its his style to make it a big mystery...Hmmm he did say he had to leave work early one day last week ;)I dont know why but I think BUIZILLA is also a partner in this crime...

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-15-2003, 09:29 PM
HankerSea is not Poodle, different IP address.
May be the new owner, not sure of his screen name!! We have not heard from him, he said he would post though.

That is my neighbors house across the street!
Bryan

wishing this thread would GO AWAY! wink

Greg K
09-16-2003, 06:02 AM
I just know not too long ago he won a bet with Poodle long ago...
http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005179#000000

knee deep
09-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Definately not Poodles stylem, I would have heard something from him, this exonerates Buizilla also, because they are known "Partners In Crime".
Just hope this thing makes an appearance in Sarasota and the mystery is solved..........

smoothie
09-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Bryan Tuvell 26ZX:
wishing this thread would GO AWAY! wink I would delete...but this is the first time I had a post go 3 pages and Im kinda gettin in to this forensic boating thing :p :D

BUIZILLA
09-16-2003, 09:10 AM
partner?
crime?
exonerate?
clues?
dually?
hurricane?
falling tree's?
'Sota? (or is that boat soda..)
barking?
orange?

If anyone watched CSI-Miami last night, the main clue was in the ending...

J

Capt. Donzi
09-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Ran the tag, so what kind of a middel name is Samual anyway???
:D eek! :p

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-16-2003, 09:32 PM
:) :) :)
I have enjoyed this thread more than ANY in the last few years! What a great bunch of folks!
Bryan

(looking through my photo's of the SS!)
Navy Base is closed 5 day weekend.
(drinking my last FOSTERS!)

ToonaFish
09-16-2003, 09:32 PM
MadPoodle:
Sheesh, Jack the Ripper didn't get accused this much..Actually, it's looking more like Son Of Samual...

Greg, methinks it very unusual of Mr. Baxter to have allowed Mr. HankerSea's abuse of the sacred Bronco parking place to pass without comment.

And the SS certainly isn't a "new" Donzi, therefore could be safely pulled by Poodle's tow vehicle. (If you consider Fords safe tow vehicles, that is.)

Bunches,

Celene 'even paranoid people have enemies'

Hanker
09-17-2003, 03:30 AM
MadPoodle:

Capt. Donzi:
Ran the tag, so what kind of a middel name is Samual anyway???
:D eek! :p Irish??

The other Scott

South of Isabel :) :) nah.... it's Italian. But, I'm sure you can borrow the tag once I'm done with it.

Celene, I can assure you I am not Poodle, I'm much better looking biggrin.

if I could only sleep http://www.donzi.net/photos/dreaming.jpg can't wait til' this weekend........

Ed Donnelly
09-17-2003, 04:30 AM
:confused: HankerSea and Madpoodle seem to wake up at the same time in the mornings..They really have a lot in common.Maybe they are distantly related in some dark and mysterious way..Ed

knee deep
09-17-2003, 06:38 AM
First question - Did anyone watch CSI Miami Monday night I missed it and how did it end? I have discussed it at length with Sportskart and we may think that Mrs. Poodle may have bought her hubby a birthday present...........

Capt. Donzi
09-17-2003, 06:57 AM
Hmmmm, Irish and Itialian, that explains a few things! happy_bi
--------------------------------------------------"Ignore" button on the Nextell must be seein lots of action.

boldts
09-17-2003, 08:53 AM
MAN!!!! I can’t believe you all are going to make me wait until this weekend to see Brad Verd's tremendous pictures of the Rally at Sota! That little dream shot just doesn't cut it! Heck, if you don't want to share the shot here, send it to my e-mail addy. You know the one, scott@mwdonziclub.com

Scott & Heidi, if this Criterion is in fact yours, I congratulate you very much! I know Scott has wanted a Crit for a very long time. I too have been in love with the Criterion since first seeing Randy's at AOTH I. I wasn't able to purchase the one up North a few years ago, but who knows, maybe somewhere down the road, I'll get an opportunity again.

Soooo, anyone looking at redesigning their 22 Classic deck to a bench seat Crit II style? Yeah, it wouldn't be original, but heck, half the Shelby Cobras you see on the street are fiberglass remakes. Why not do it to a boat? Hummmm, Way to much time on my hands right now!

Silver Streak
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Scott,

I've been thinking about that very thing. After seeing the pictures of what Lenny is accomplishing, I would believe it could be done. Recently, there was a 22' listed which apparently had spent time under water. Wouldn't something like that make a good donor hull? Start from scratch; build a few for anyone who wants to join in; Engine? Okay, that will work. Drive? ITS and an XR? Okay that we can do. Anyway, I would participate in making a "new" Criterion if someone is interested.

Any takers? Lenny? CDMA? Buizilla? Crazy Canine? Griz? WGM(WhiteGoatMan)? Eugene? MOP?(Notice I'm trying to get the Smart Ones involved) Betcha two or three get built and the folks at the factory would consider a reissue.

Rick :cool: :cool: :cool:

Some musings for a sunny Wednesday...or maybe just proof positve of Ogden Nash's obsevation...

BUIZILLA
09-17-2003, 12:16 PM
okay so....

what if?? don't laugh tooooo hard now :rolleyes:

take a 22 donor hull with a B1 drive.. :o

move the engine to where the back seat was :D

use the original engine area for a back seat cockpit, ala wood boats :cool:

jackshaft the engine to the B1 drive, or a Volvo DPX eek!

make the front seat area into a bench seat :p

have the exhaust exit in the outboard lower corners ala C-Craft launches, so as not to encroach in the rear passenger compartment

to save weight and balance problems, build an all aluminum LS-1 6.0 liter wink or use the new 6.0 Crusader combo

OR, cooler yet, make the drivers cockpit the rearmost area, with the passenger cockpit in front of the engine... :cool:

then use 2 smaller early Hornet windshields for both cockpit areas, or a pair of 18 windscreens..

I really need a nap now..

J

Silver Streak
09-17-2003, 01:02 PM
Jim,

Laugh? Hardly. I like it! :)

How about stretching the hull to 27'-28' (or finding one of those elusive 27' Classics) and building a triple cockpit?

This thing could be done.

Rick

I know Ogen Nash is smilling at me :D :D :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I spoke to the new owner this morning and mentioned this thread.
(forgive me)
Here is a neat shot of the boat.
Bryan

(posting now because in 12 hours Isabel may rock my world!)

** Latest news, if you did not evacuate mark your body with permenant marker, name and address! eek!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellblack.jpg

oldLenny
09-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Jim, I am 12" forward in the engine area. (if an Arneson is used and 71c gearbox etc.) Very similar to your ideas (and Streaks) I will let you know what ends up happening with this thing for sure. (ride wise)

The sixteen is getting your "other" treatment when more time allows. Rear seat bench where motor WAS. 2 wide. Forward engine and a V-drive configuration or inboard I pressume. I am the "glass guy", not the motor guy and I have no clue as to where all the stuff goes. I want to make the 16 (it's a donor hull/deck) a "replica" of the period inboard Crackerboxs' we used to see in the 60's. It is insane how much work is involved in these "simple" re-configurations, even with donor parts and radius/tubs...Fairing is a 4 letter word now. :D

Back to the Crit...and no, I don't believe DONZI is interested in any "retro" boats cuz they are in a position to "whip" one up and don't. The same goes for the attention paid to their Classics by them. The big boats bring in the money. $50K 2 seaters probably wouldn't after all the ramp up and design/mold work required. A 100 boats wouldn't cut it to make a profit I don't think... that is just my un-informed opinion. I don't see any market for mine either, maybe a few (literally) but that is not what it is about. I envision a "boat" that a fella can buy, hull/deck/liner, a few chrome pieces (Accon) rub rail etc, and for about $5K US he has a "project" much like a street rod, that he can tinker with in his basement for the next 5 years and eventually have a one of a kind "cool" boat of his own design outside of the shape and proven hull performance. I think there are a LOT of people out there that would love to try this, especially if you supply the transom cut-out in place and deck hardware to avoid any "shyness" on behalf of the owner.

Why do you guys always get me started on this again? :D wink soon, very soon, definately not for Possum... frown

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Great post Lenny, but I think you will see the Donzi Classic go away from the line up soon, no real demand in the macro view, and way over priced, you can get allot more for $50K in many other nice boats....

They could build 10 more Crit SS's and make BIG dollars though. :)

Did you guys like my picture? I may catch hell for it!
Bryan

Ranman
09-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Bryan,

I could not disagree more. In this month's PowerBoat magazine, Lee Kimmel says:

"When we first started taking a hard look, I was amazed at the high percentage of Donzi Classics we produced. It didn't require an epiphany to understand that was because they (the Donzi Classic models)were the only three boats we made that fit into people's conception of what a Donzi was supposed to be."
I understand that there is not much money in the Classics compared to the high dollar "Donzi's", but they would not produce a high percentage of Classics if they did not sell. More importantly, the value of the Classic to Donzi Marine is it's heritage, not it's profit potential (or lack thereof). It is the name on the side of the Classic that makes people stop to admire your ZX boat.

Admittedly, the ZX boats have come a long way to helping Donzi recover financially. They're great boats and I might even like to own one someday, but the ZX boats are not Donzi's. The ZX is just an attempt to feed off the heritage, the original idea of Donzi. To me Donzi Marine doesn't even build any Donzi's other than the Classics. No Classic means no mystique. At that point Donzi would then just be another offshore boat builder with a small cult of people who remember the old days and who stay interested in the boats they used to make.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Randy, great response. I hope Donzi continues to move forward.
Great PR for Donzi by Lee in the article.
Just my 2 cents.
Bryan

bverd
09-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Alright so I called in a favor from an NSA friend and he tracked it down for me. He won't say where exactly the picture was taken, he did say it was WELL North of Miamuh!!!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/criterion.jpg

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm...

--bverd

Ed Donnelly
09-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know what year it is? My 85 has wind deflectors on the windshield. This one doesn't..Ed

Greg K
09-18-2003, 06:22 AM
Note on the SS...where's the hatch cover for the front passenger seat opening??
Like this one.. (http://www.donzi.net/photos/gregkss.jpg)

olredalert
09-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Ed,

-----I would think that the wind deflectors were added per John on your boat.He didnt like the wind-blown look.
-----So often during the Chisholm era,and maybe thruout DONZIs existence,the people buying them had to know what options were actually really available.Many options wernt on any list anywhere!If you knew enough to ask,they were happy to accomodate you,but if you didnt,no one would volunteer any info.I was lucky when I ordered my 21GT back in 1972 as I had spent many,many hours around the plant by that time and had logged enough hours in 21GTs to know what I wanted and what I could afford.Not alot of other people were lucky enough to have that backround.
-----Ed,you were lucky because the guy who speced your boat out knew the ins and outs of the option list because he dreamed all the options up!............Bill S

CDMA
09-18-2003, 09:41 AM
I have been thinking about posting this for a few days but I haven't wanted to step on any toes. There seems to have been a real surge of interest in Criterions lately and I think rightly so. They are in my mind some of the coolest, best looking, most unique larger classics ever built. However many people have not ridden in a Criterion and while I have never ridden in a SS and they may be different my experience with the Criterion was very different then I expected. It does not feel like a 22 classic. I think the hull may be the same ( something I want to look into) but even if it is the rear driving location and possibly heavier boat yields a very different feel then a 22. While the handling is absolutely as good as the classic it is distinctly different. In my humble opinion it has a little less nimble feeling, most likely due to the seating location. That also being said I have a real problem driving one. I am not all that short (6'0") and I find it very hard to see out of the boat. Coming on plane the horizon is lost for a significant amount of time ( not seeing where I am going makes me nervous) and even on plane unless you keep the boat very flat the bow has a tendency to come up and completely block the horizon. While I am sure this is something that you get used to I think it makes reading the waves and seeing a lot more difficult.

Again I post this with reservations but I just wanted to say what I thought. I still think it is an amazing boat and I WILL own one but at the same point after riding in one with a good friend of mine he said "I see why they only built 30, I can't see a damn thing".

Chris

boldts
09-18-2003, 12:21 PM
I had the oppurtunity to ride in Big Grizzlies Criterion. Many have said the 22 Classic rides like a Cadillac compared to the other Classic sizes. Well the Criterion in my opinion rides like a Limo. If we hadn't been doing over 80MPH, dare I say, it was so smooth, it was boring?

I also noticed how the bow rode very high. Advantage to this would be we never felt a drop of water from spray. It would be I guess like putting 200lb in the back seat of a 22 Classic. In my Classic, I've noticed the boat rides much different when I have 3 people sitting in the back seat compared to when just 2 of us are sitting in the front seats. My 22 is very sensitive to where the weight is in the boat.

All I know, is I sure was glad I could see Grizzlie's bow and blue stripe 2 years ago as we went across Sarasota Bay after Gators. I might still be wondering around FL somewhere. :D

smoothie
09-19-2003, 06:26 AM
Damn...after seeing some pics,its starting to sink in how close I was to being the lucky contestant :( I hope that SOB got his threading cycle working :mad: biggrin.

boldts
09-19-2003, 08:33 AM
You guys are killing me with these teaser pictures! :( :D wink

olredalert
09-19-2003, 09:23 AM
------Im betting we know the whole story by tonight.I have my spies inserted all over the greater Sarasota area!........Bill S

Capt. Donzi
09-19-2003, 12:56 PM
UPDATE!! Spotted on Sarasota bay with a big frizzy haired guy with a huge grin on his face at the wheel!!!!!!!!!! :D
Ted

bverd
09-19-2003, 02:50 PM
These were sent to me and I thought I would share..

Where in the world is WALDO?
http://www.donzi.net/photos/where.jpg

I think there is a torid past there to be found out.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/video.jpg

Good to see that it has a good side, or is trying. (note the chapple in the background) wink
http://www.donzi.net/photos/truckers_chapple.jpg

I will see if I can find out more...

--bverd

ToonaFish
09-19-2003, 04:22 PM
STOP IT, YOU ARE KILLING ME!

Fess up all of you skunk working dogs. Right now, I mean it, seriously.

Bunches,

Celene 'tapping her foot'

smoothie
09-19-2003, 04:27 PM
MadPoodle:
Recieved this last nite...

Hmm, tha catalog boat maybe??

The other Scott

outta here, CYA!! I think poodle finally let the cat I mean dog out of the bag.He "recieved" it last night after the storm was gone..... wink :)

olredalert
09-19-2003, 07:22 PM
--------Damn,that is one good looking DONZI!At least we dont have to worry about Poodle scooping us on the next one that pops up!.....Congratulations are in order...........envious.........ol red!.......Bill S

Greg K
09-19-2003, 09:37 PM
I think this answers it all... :D
http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/albums/Sota_03_friday/Dsc05075.jpg

Tomahawk
09-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Now maybe Heidi will ride with him. :) Congratulations Scott. Makes me wish I would have said yes to the one that Mac got. Those are damn fine boats. I'll be watching you guys from here this weekend. Be safe and enjoy.

ToonaFish
09-19-2003, 10:06 PM
You lied?

I'm crushed.

(And green with envy, congratulations!)

oldLenny
09-19-2003, 10:20 PM
...nice...Benchboat to boot...

see ya in Miami, Lenny

Hanker
09-20-2003, 08:17 AM
Congrats Bud,

God, I wish I was there. :( But as you know, couldn't get out of Deb's 40th. The smile on your face is priceless. :D

Now I just have to figure out how to "give" her, her new present wink . "Hey luv, Poodle needs a place to put his old 22" :p

I can't wait to see this thing! Drive home safely.

ToonaFish
09-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Good one Poodle, your imaginary friend has an imaginary wife, whose imaginary birthday precludes attending Sota. Heidi won't suspect that you are keeping the 22 and you can continue using the invisible Mr. Hankersea for additional boat/engine purchases. My hat is off to you!

Bunches,

Celene 'may I see your ID sir?'

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-20-2003, 09:21 PM
:) :) :) for the Poodle!
Finally the official word is out!

Damn glad that boat left prior to Isabel, it would have been destroyed!
Bryan

Marlin275
09-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Damn glad that boat left prior to Isabel, it would have been destroyed!
Bryan Bryan,
Geoos boat goes 106 mph through the wind and water,
that is Isabel strength
no destruction!

McGary911
09-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Poodle, all I can say is "Welcome to the club!" :D

RickR
09-21-2003, 01:33 PM
NICE!!!!!!!! :D

Ed Donnelly
09-22-2003, 01:29 AM
:) :)Welcome to the Criterion Club,a division of must have Donzis(as well as x18, barrel back,gt21,etc.etc.) Hope you got a chuckle out of the Criterions pics I sent you,that you sent me...Ed

smoothie
09-22-2003, 04:40 PM
Scott,It would be nice to see some pics of the cockpit,dash and the rumble seat up front :cool:

Eugene Nahemow
09-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Scott,
Congratulations on your new boat. It looks great!
I would love to see one of these in person, but they don't seem to make it out the the left coast. :mad:

Regards.

tamburello
09-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Poodle-

Congrats on the new addition to your fleet! I like the all blue gel. I saw an all black Criterion pull up to a dock I was sitting on while I was on vacation two years ago. I'm starting to get the Criterion fever myself, I may have to track it down and give him an offer.

Have fun with the new blue toy!

- Jeff

Forrest
09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Congrats 'Poodle on scarfing up the Criterion SS before anyone know it existed. It looks great! Ginny and I will definatly want a ride in it next time we are in Miamuh, or maybe in Palatka.

CDMA
09-23-2003, 01:27 PM
And the truth comes out. Chris gets blamed for the breaking of a 20 year old salt water alternator. Heck if I get 20 years out of mine I will be happy wink

Chris

Silver Streak
09-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Yes, Chris, and if at the end of those 20 years one of your so-called friends boards your vessel and callously causes your alternator to quit functioning, you will be, I'm sure, at least as unhappy as the Demented Dog. :D :D :D

Rick

Does defending the Poodle get you an "ups" in the "I want a ride" line?

Cuda
09-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Damnit Poodle! That picture is really getting my juices flowing, just when I thought I was done buying boats! :( Are you sure you don't want to leave it here for a good buffing? Just make sure that it's insured I've heard there may some boat bandits in the area. I can't be held responsible if you come back and the boat is mysteriously missing. :confused: