PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Morgans Cloud, here is the St. Tropez

oldLenny
01-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Got these in the mail today...I haven't seen these ones before... Beware, I posted them to be 8.5 x 11" so you can print them off.

Also, there is "another" little known article about a certain Magnum in Bermuda. Do you want me to post that Steve?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sttropez1.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/sttropez2.jpg

goatee
01-20-2004, 09:44 PM
killer hats dude! killer hats! :p

oldLenny
01-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Just noticed that the boat is named "Ca" something and the plane "Capt" something. Are the boat and plane the same name and did anyone EVER see this combo...???

thriller
01-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Never seen this combo but if I do , You can have the Plane and I'll take the Boat and the bikinis.
LOL :D

Team Hula Girl
01-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Thanks for posting. That's the first time I have seen that ad. Great looking boat and great looking Cessna.

That could be the best vintage "Donzi girls" pic.

The Cessna was owned by Chalk Airways. The pilots name on the side reads "Capt. A. B. Chalk"
Arthur Chalk started the company in the early 1900's (maybe 1910-1920) Chalk airways is the oldest airline company in the world and they currently still fly all over the carribean.

Does anyone have the production info for St. Tropez?
How many made?
What years?
How many different variations?

John

harbormaster
01-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks Lenny for posting those...

Morgan's Cloud
01-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Is that brochure a 'blast from the past' or what ?
I had'nt seen that brochure untill I got it in late '87.. the only St Tropez brochure I thought there was had the light blue one with white bottom and red bootstripe on it.I think the 'red one' is older if i remember what the models were wearing :D

Thanks for posting it Lenny,if I only knew how to do these damn computer tricks....

As far as the Magnum article goes.. how do ya like them apples ? The original text was a technophobe's delight...Brett lost a lot in the final printing but we were'nt about to complain :)

BTW.. my St Tropez is a little different than the red one.I've got a factory bow rail/no vents on the deck and the original (much) smaller white Donzi steering wheel to name just a few things.
Is kinda hard finding people to compare notes with.
Yeah... I wonder how many were really made and might still be around .

ALLAN BROWN
01-21-2004, 12:54 PM
This must be the original St Tropez brochure. That is Jake Trotter driving. Jake was our glass foreman and then the original Pres. of Magnum for Don Whatshisname.

Morgan's Cloud
01-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Somehow I just KNEW that BROWNIE was going to tell us he recognised at least one person in that photo..... Now 'fess up Allan, who are the hotties ? ?

ps.. what about the build numbers on the St Tropez ?

Bigbroadjumper
01-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Please post the Magnum article.

Morgan's Cloud
01-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Scott.... hope you recvd the GOOD copy not just the 'regular one'.
Glad youz all getting a kick out of them.

As for the paperclip.. I have a feeling you know it's legit !.. Of course Lenny got lucky with his care package from Bda so he got a little insight into Capt Morgan's background and could attest to it's authenticity wink

oldLenny
01-23-2004, 10:23 AM
me too...