PDA

View Full Version : My (new to me) Minx

gcarter
01-20-2004, 08:24 PM
On January 5th, my wife and I towed a trailer to Cleveland Ohio to pick up my latest project.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/mp-minx2.jpg

Changing trailers at the Cleveland lakefront, just before it started snowing, thats me on the left. You Northerners are a lot tougher than I am!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/mp-minx1.jpg

Back in my driveway in Lady Lake Florida, notice the ripe grapefruit in the background, also notice ALL the road salt.

Well, it's a bank repo, with all the usual neglect. No windshield, needs upholstery, I suspect there's engine damage. I'll be pulling the engine either this weekend or next. The good news is it has every thing Stainless Marine offers for SB's, and the drive seems to be fine except cosmetically, and I only paid $4,000.00 for it. It should keep me busy several months.

George Carter
P.S. Sorry about the picture size, I'll get better at this.

<small>[ January 20, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: MadPoodle ]</small>

Fish boy
01-20-2004, 08:27 PM
wow george, great boat for a great price. Keep us posted on the project, and hope to see you at some of the seadog events.

fish

Dr. Dan
01-20-2004, 08:41 PM
:p Congratulations and Welcome to the Family of "Eternally Lost Wages" it's a Motley Crew to be sure.....but a warm and ever opinionated lot! The Mynx looks like it has some serious potential...I suspect the Seadogs will insure your continued progress........sounds like you already have a great start! wink

:cool: Doc
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com (http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com)

goatee
01-20-2004, 09:49 PM
i have been considering a minx instead of the 22 classic. is there more cockpit space? is there room for say,,,,,, ohhh i dunno, a cooler and a case of beer????? (fingers crossed) this could be the determining factor!!! :p

Rodger
01-20-2004, 10:00 PM
The interior space for a Minx is very similar to the 22 Classic. Pretty much the same layout too.

Cuda
01-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Congratulations. Yours looks to have the same colors as mine, except mine has blue gel below the water line too. You aren't that far from me, we'll have to get together for a run once we get them running. Are you going to try to make a windsheild? If so, I can take the measurements for you.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jgriffminx1.jpg

catch 22
01-21-2004, 08:00 AM
George, Congrats on the Minx. I see you live in Lady Lake, Fl. My parents live there to. They live Off of Griffen View and Grays Airport Rd. Wendy blvd to be exact. The House with the Manatee mailbox. Lots of luck with your Minx. Jim :)

gcarter
01-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone.
Cuda, I am interested in a new windshield, if you or anyone knows someone who can build one, please let me know. Do you usually do your boating on the waterway, bay, or the Gulf?

Catch 22, I am very familiar with the manatee mailbox. I live about a mile and a half to the East in Harbor Hills.

George Carter

MOP
01-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Looks like you found a great deal, welcome to the emptying pocket club! The very best of luck with it, you have joined a fabulous group of people!

And to coin the phrases of two other prominent members!

" A sickness"

And

"An expensive hobby"

JimG205
01-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Gcarter- Best of luck with the Minx-I'm in the process of choosing myself between a 22 classic or Minx.

HEY CUDA!! is the ride in the Minx dry??????

Regards,Jim :D wink :D

Donzigo
01-21-2004, 11:34 AM
You can get a new windsheild made by:

American Plastic & Supply & Mfg. Inc
4231 112th Terrace North
Clearwater, Florida 33762
1-800-330-4273

If you get down this way, let Cuda, Donzigo Jr., Jamesbon, Bea's Nest, Budmann, or Fishboy know. We get together from time to time.

Good luck with the project.

Cuda
01-21-2004, 05:46 PM
JimG205:
HEY CUDA!! is the ride in the Minx dry??????
I wish I knew. I bought it with a blown engine and haven't finished it yet. :rolleyes:

Barry Phillips
01-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Another rare Donzi saved, congrats. I'm curious about NJ registration though.

gcarter
01-21-2004, 06:59 PM
The New Jersey registration is a mystery. Since I bought it through a liquidqtor, I never spoke with the former owner. I surmise he purchased it in New Jersey and never registered the boat in Ohio.

Jim (Catch 22) your Dad called today and we discussed how much you enjoy dumping money into your 22 Classic. He has my home and work number. Give me a call when your in the area again.

George Carter

Dalelama
01-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Gongrats... you've got the makings of a fantastic boat!
Good luck geting the origional windshield made. others have tried to have the MINX "glass" duplicated...it's the toughest part to replace on that model..

The ride is as dry, if not better than the 22.
I never got wet in mine... unless it was raining!

Enjoy!

catch 22
01-21-2004, 08:18 PM
George, I'm sure he did. He keeps telling me that I need bigger buckets. :D :D . The 5 gallon ones are not big enough. Keep us posted on your progress with the Minx. :) Jim.

JimG205
01-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Cuda- I guess it's a yes,and safe to assume you can wear your Sunday best in the Minx wink Thought you were all together-you redoin the SBC?? How bout some pix??? Good luck Jim :D