PDA

View Full Version : An Apology...

harbormaster
01-17-2004, 12:26 PM
The company I am hosting with has been plagued with problems for the past few months which have severely impacted the operation of the boards. Last night they replaced the RAID controller and hard drive for the site. It was down last night and this morning.

The parts for sale area is also still broken. this is a direct result of the out of space problems. I will probably need to pay Infopop, the makers of the new software to fix the corrupted files. I will need to do this in order to successfully migrate all the current BBS/forum files into the databases of the new forum software.

I have purchased the new board software/installation support and am eagerly awaiting the installation of MySQL on the server. The new board software is database based which will speed up operation of the forums. The new software will also allow for for some cool customization which I am sure that all of you will like.

Unfortunately it has been a waiting game which I can't stand.

As a backup plan I have also purchased hosting space on an alternate hosting provider.

So Please pardon any inconvenience and be patient and bear with me. We were one of the first performance boat forums and will alway be one of the best.

Thanks
Scot

Digger
01-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Scot we're all behind you 100% can't thank you enough for your efforts maintaining this site. It has enriched many peoples lives, and that is something you don't find every day. Semper Fi.

farmer tx
01-17-2004, 12:45 PM
You don't know what you have till it's gone.
Thanks Scot. Donation is on the way.

Mark

ToonaFish
01-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Harbormaster:
We were one of the first performance boat forums and will alway be one of the best.
Lose the "one of."

Donation should arrive shortly and, for goodness sakes, don't apologize... I actually cleaned windows in between mindless clicks on "refresh." If we were down for a week, I might finally corral the dust bunnies and give them their vaccinations.

Thank you Scot for everything you do to make this one of the best corners of the Net... group hug!

Ranman
01-17-2004, 01:26 PM
No apology needed in my eyes. Still the best boating site I've ever visited.

MOP
01-17-2004, 03:50 PM
I know everyone appreciates your efforts, I wonder even with the other good guys helping out how you juggle us and Mars!

HyperDonzi
01-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Scot, I am going to order a mug, and send a donation now.

harbormaster
01-17-2004, 05:29 PM
NO!!!! TOMMY Nooo!
I just ran out of mugs....

Fish boy
01-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Scot,
definately no apology necessary, and thank you for all your selfless efforts in keeping the greatest site on the net going.

Fish

HyperDonzi
01-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Harbormaster:
NO!!!! TOMMY Nooo!
I just ran out of mugs.... Just my luck!!! You have them taking up space in the living room for how long? And now I go to help you clear space their gone! haha!!

McGary911
01-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Scott,
We all went through withdrawl when the board was down. I've worked with MySql before....you find it's sweet and stable....and free on top of that. If we need another donation drive just let us know. You know these troops always show up. As the fat comic book guy from the Simpsons would say, " Best Board Ever.

martiniboat/ Brian Kamrath
01-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Scot, I'd love to help support the site. Keep your boat project money in your pocket. Send me your shipping address and I'll send you a stainless steel trim pump bracket. Kudos to sites like this that are still free!

Sincerely,
Brian Kamrath
Martiniboat Marine Design Inc.
519-887-8282
519-887-8828

P.S. It's the least I can do after making a few contacts/sales for the Victory tabs here.

harbormaster
01-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks Brian and everyone!

Verdugo
01-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Scott as a new guy on the block thanks for such a great sight. This is the best boat group.

Keep me posted willing to help or make donation

Lowenski
LMG

Team Jefe
01-19-2004, 11:59 AM
You know, if you quit spending so much time on that "Wellcraft Knock-off", you'd have more time for the Registry.

I mean really Scot are you a Donzi-man or not...

...put Doggles photos of me on the board, I'll show you !

hottub
01-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Keep up the good work. Check is in the mail.