PDA

View Full Version : Barrelback Database -or- Cabin Fever Spreadsheet Mania

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
01-14-2004, 06:35 PM
I've been compiling a database on the early 18' 2+3 "barrelbacks" from '66 to '68. The aim is to use changes in certain features such as hardware, etc. to better approximate the build dates for those boats that have no hull #s or hand written dates.
Why would I want to do this? Maybe it has something to do with the sub-zero temperatures outside and my being couped up inside the house daydreaming about being out in my Donzi. Maybe I'm just nuts. The jury's still out on that one.
My hope is that the information collected will help future restorers and collectors date their boats a bit more accurately, and perhaps somehow it will enhance the value and collectability of these early Donzis.
If you're interested in helping out, just e-mail me at eric.tolnes@verizon.net expressing your willingness to help, and I will get back to you with any questions I have about your boat. Please don't be offended if you don't hear back from me, as I may already have gathered the info. I need from the registry.
I will be asking questions about design features, hardware placement, original engines and drives, original hull colors , etc. to fill the blanks in the database.

Thanks, all.
Eric, aka FR :p

mattyboy
01-15-2004, 01:30 PM
FR,
when you're up at Greenwood lake next year there's a guy named Joe ( I think) he has a barrleback at the next marina down from Emerald point, a maroon orange and yellow one, in nice shape the boat has been on the lake for quite a while, it used to have an el camino as a tow vehicle that was painted the same way haven't seen that around in a while.
Last time I spoke to him he thought it was a 69

Matt

01-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks Matty. See what you can find out. Maybe you can put me in touch with him.

Thanks for your reply Bill.

So far I'm up to 26 Barrelbacks on the spreadsheet, (and about 5" of snow outside).

FR :p

01-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the additional info. Bill and Kurt.

Up to 27 Barrelbacks, down to 1 degree above zero outside. The cabin fever intensifies. :rolleyes:

01-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Count as of 1/21:
-30 Barrelbacks;
-12 w/ hull numbers, 18 without
-9 triple hatches, 21 single hatches

Ralph Savarese: e-mail me.

Hull #18-83
01-20-2004, 06:23 PM
FR,

Count my triple hatch barrel back in your count. Hull #83, built on 7-16-66 (I think, but can confirm).

BERTRAM BOY
01-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Can we see the spreadsheet?

01-21-2004, 01:58 PM
BERTRAM BOY:
Can we see the spreadsheet? Yes. Some of the respondants have requested privacy, so as soon as I create a version without their names, I'll e-mail it to you.

penbroke
01-21-2004, 06:32 PM
I'd be gratefull if you'd send it my way as well.

Frank,
Drive support on the way. :D