PDA

View Full Version : May be selling my arneson rocker plates - anyone interested?

blackhawk
01-14-2004, 12:18 PM
I don't like to offer something that "may be" for sale. But I wanted to see if there was any interest here because I would rather sell them to someone on the board if I do end up selling them.

My boat may be sold and if it sells I am going to sell the rocker plates seperately. Would anyone on the board be interested?

Thanks

oldLenny
01-14-2004, 01:52 PM
I would be if I can afford them. "Afford" being the operative here.

blackhawk
01-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Anyone else?

terry
01-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Scott, I would also be interested in them,
Lenny has first shot at them cause he spoke up first.

martiniboat/ Brian Kamrath
01-16-2004, 06:56 PM
blackhawk- I've always wanted to hear some feedback from someone who has actually used them. How did they work for you on the Donzi?

Brian

oldLenny
01-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Geoo has them on his 18 DONZI (@ 108 MPH)

01-17-2004, 02:22 PM
Lenny, I'm not sure which one impresses me more, your avatar or Geoo's 108mph top end! :D That's incredible!

What size of mill is in that 18' Donzi?

Brian

oldLenny
01-17-2004, 03:09 PM
A reply to me from Arneson. This might put me out of the picture as the "sizing" seems to be of major importance and hull lay-out.

Lenny the Rocker Plates complete with pumps, hydraulic through hull fittings and hoses cost $3,200.00 per set.

The Rocker Plates are custom made for each application. The deadrise and transom angle are needed to make a set fit your boat as well as the a measurement of how wide the plates can be.

I believe that George has plates that are 15" wide as they had to fit around the steering cylinder of the drive unit.

You will need a trim switch to operate the trim pumps and while not required, a indicator would be advisable. Stainless Marine makes a very economical indicator that works very well.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Rik Wimp
Arneson Industries
Oh, and Brian, somewheres around 650HP on boost I believe...not sure tho (800 seems to ring a bell)

MOP
01-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Rumor has it he short stopped it on the dyno at 650@6000 does that get you thinking!

I cannot afford those fancy toys but would love to hear just how well they did work from a close up source or two.

GEOO
01-18-2004, 01:27 PM
"I cannot afford those fancy toys" ... http://www.donzi.net/photos/googoo.gif "but would love to hear just how well they did work from a close up source or two."

Now M.O.P exactly what are you talking about. Lenny's new found friends " eek! " ($ 8-10K)
or the Rocker Plates? $3K

Hum... I wonder which perform better?
Well we could take a measurement of happiness by the grin on ones face...

Fish boy
01-18-2004, 03:21 PM
Now M.O.P exactly what are you talking about. Lenny's new found friends " " ($ 8-10K)
or the Rocker Plates? $3K

Hum... I wonder which perform better?
Well we could take a measurement of happiness by the grin on ones face...
i suggest the rocker plates. Nothing against the other- I have been around many of them. extremely fun to look at, play with,...etc, but the thing they are attached to can be a real pain in the a$$! IMHO, better to buy the rockers, and just pick up the others when you want them. :D :D :D

01-18-2004, 03:22 PM
:D :D :D

terry
01-18-2004, 07:00 PM
OK....what is the asking price of the rocker plates?

MOP
01-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Yeah lets get back to rocker plates before I get palpitations. George I don't think you have had a good opportunity to check yours out yet but will be anxious for your report.

Phil