PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Supports

Garyw1
01-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Has anyone used the Bennett Hydraulic hatch supports on a Classic 22 engine hatch?. They connect to the trim tab pump and are available in three lengths 12", 18", and 24". Basicly they double in length on extension. If you've used them, what length did you go with and did you mount the lower end to the stringer? Part of my winter project is to power raise the hatch and I just found these last night.

MOP
01-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Drop Tom at Bennet a note he has been very helpfull with any questions members have had.
I have only seen the setup once but worked real nice, a good consideration for any one with B tabs.

Tmcgow@bennetttrimtabs.com

Tabman II
01-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Garyw1,

I am Thomas and I work for Bennett Marine in the Client Service department.

We will be happy to help you with any questions you may have on our Hatch Lift systems, but we will need a little more information before providing any Hatch Lift Kits for you to choose from for your installation. Please answer the following questions about your hatch:

1. What is the size of your hatch, L x W?
2. How heavy is the hatch?
3. Is it latched down or does its own weight hold it closed when running?
4. How stiff is the hatch, will it warp if you hold it from one corner or not?
5. Will the hatch need to open beyond 60 degrees or more?

After I get this information I will provide some Hatch Lift Kits that should work for your installation.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services
trimtabs@earthlink.net
www.bennetttrimtabs.com (http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com)

MOP
01-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Tom have you been lurking again?

BUIZILLA
01-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Thomas, I need the smoked plastic cover for my trim pump. Can I buy it direct? Contact phone number? I am in Miami.

thanx, Jim

Tabman II
01-15-2004, 08:16 AM
M.O.P,

Lurking?? Who, me?? wink

Buizilla,

Plz contact me at the email address &/or phone number below and I will see what we can do about your damaged Lexan Cover!

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services
trimtabs@earthlink.net
www.bennetttrimtabs.com (http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com)

MOP
01-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Good thing Tom has small feet or he would trip over them hurrying to help us out!

I know he does the lets see whats up on the Donzi site not much gets by him :D