PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Question

Murphy
08-05-2000, 12:42 AM
Another board member and I have been talking about a Blackhawk (#29 of 40) currently posted for sale on one of the internet boat sites. Even if I don't go for it, it's a piece of Donzi lore I'd like to know more about. Anyone been around one enough to give a rundown? I guess I'm a little spooked by that drive. I hear it's a small fortune to repair if you have problems. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Murph

RickR
08-07-2000, 08:50 AM
Murphy
Donzi has 3 molds for the 22 Classic. #3 was made for the Blackhawk. It is very similar to the 18 Classic with a rocker.
I am a "Less is More" kind of guy so the graphics, decals and gold bezels are not of my taste ,but, I sure would like to feel the differences betwen the hulls.
I like the loose feel of my 18 more than the riding on rails (reverse chines) feel of the 22.
As far as the Blackhawk, parts are limited production but if the X Dimension is all right you might be able to bolt on a Bravo 1 lower unit. I am sure that has been tried at the factory.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Scott Elgas
08-15-2000, 11:34 AM
I have a 1995 22' Classic with the blackhawk drive. It is not the "Blackhawk edition" with the black color and gold bezels, but it is the same hull. I have also heard that it can be expensive to repair. But I was also told that the drive was VERY strong. Knock on wood, but I have had absolutely no problems with the drive. This is the first Donzi I have owned and I don't know a lot of the technical terms to describe the hull, but I'll do my best. First of all, the ocker is designed a little different to give the boat more bow lift. The strakes are farther forward. The engine bed stringers are more forward(thus the engine is farther forward) than a Bravo equipped Classic. And the X dimension is different than a Bravo. I really don't know if you could swap the Blackhawk for a Bravo. If it could be done, it would be a lot of work, and I don't know what it would do to the handing characteristics of the boat.

RickR, as far as the ride, if you like loose, you'd love the Blackhawk. Like I said, this is my first Donzi, so I'm not sure how other Donzi's ride. But it is VERY loose and VERY fast. Also, it's yellow and white with a custom matching yellow lexan windshield.

Glad I found this site!

Scott

RickSE
08-15-2000, 11:59 AM
Murphy,
Try contacting Bryant Niedospial, goboat@gte.net. I talked to him at the dealer show. He owns a Blackhawk edition 22 and seems to know a lot about them.

FASTEDDIE
08-15-2000, 04:58 PM
Murphy
Also remember that Byrant Nieospial works for Donzi.