PDA

View Full Version : OffshoreOnly.com

PaulO
08-03-2000, 11:30 AM
It is eye-opening to read the message forum on OffshoreOnly.com. It makes me appreciate this site all that much more. I am amazed at people bashing each other constantly. If you need help or advice, this is the place to go. I am no expert on Sociology but, that is some weird phenomenon! Thank you all (especially Scott) for this great site!
PaulO

Ranman
08-03-2000, 01:27 PM
PaulO, What an observation! You only need to scan through some of the subject lines to see that OffshoreOnly is a complete zoo. In my opinion, here's where the difference lies. Offshore only is a forum where any genius can pop off about whatever since there is no real common interest other than performance boats. Here at the Registry, everyone has a tightly knit interest in the same thing, Donzi's. Also, Donzi's are the Ferrari's of the water. You won't find Ferrari owners representing themselves that way. They have more class. This site is maintained by fanatics for fanatice and those fanatics would never let their message boards turn into something like OffshoreOnly. Anyway, my hat is off to Scott and all of the other Donzi fanatics that monitor this board. Now, please excuse me as I've got to get back to my tea and crumpets.

boxy
08-03-2000, 02:24 PM
I like to think of it as the small town vs the big city syndrome. Through stories, and exploits you can put a personality to most of the members of this board, that's what gives us, as Ranman put it, our "tightly knit" community, and I have yet to met anyone on this board who I wouldn't be happy to tilt a few with.
PS: Dave Strobert: I'll be in the Abay area the weekend of Aug 12, are you around ?

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

seano
08-03-2000, 02:35 PM
You guys said it...that place seems to attract a raucious bunch. This is a kinder, gentler message board, even with a couple of us Cigarette and Magnum guys mixed in.

Dave Strobert
08-03-2000, 09:39 PM
Steve:
I should be around but few of us go to the bay as the cops are writing tickets right and left. They are even getting the guys unloading. We keep our boats in Clayton. Got the Antique Race Boat Regatta the next weekend. Might see if I can run with the jersey skiffs.

------------------
Strobe

GeneD
08-04-2000, 07:02 PM
I have been wanting to comment on that Offshore.com thing for a while now.
They are the biggest bunch of cutthroat whiners, complainers, and general overall people bashing thread writers I have ever come across.
They don't care who they bang, as long as they are trashing someone.
Notice the popularity of Fountain Bashing. You gotta laugh.
Yeah, the Donzi website is a bunch of complete gentleman. You can't get nicer than us, can you?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 08-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 08-04-2000).]