PDA

View Full Version : Bennett tab controls

avk
07-30-2000, 06:16 PM
I have installed some Bennett tabs on my Classic 18 and what a difference they make! However the Joystick control that came with the tabs is a bit hard to use. I see they also offer a rocker switch set-up or a push button one. I wonder if there is an eaiser set-up to use? I have the tab indicators.
Alan

Peter Beck
07-30-2000, 06:23 PM
I have the rocker switch type and it is like anything you just need to use them to get familiar on how they work. How do you like the indicators and do you know how much trouble it would be to install them?
Peter

Eight_(8)_Ball
07-30-2000, 06:41 PM
i saw in overtons that there is a automatic control for bennett tabs , its supposed to keep your yabs at the best trim without you having to keep adjusting manually. has anyone tried this unit yet sound like it may be pretty good.

RickR
07-31-2000, 07:17 PM
Bennetts rocker switch works much better than the single lever.
My 22 has Instatrim switch with two levers.
I like it even better than Bennett's rockers

doug hess
08-03-2000, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Eight_(8)_Ball:
i saw in overtons that there is a automatic control for bennett tabs , its supposed to keep your yabs at the best trim without you having to keep adjusting manually. has anyone tried this unit yet sound like it may be pretty good.

You can use a pair of On-Off-On (spring loaded Off) DPDT toggle switches from Radio Shack. I think the number is 275-653. I will send you a sketch of the circuit by postal mail if you send address.