PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi paint problems

Scott Pearson
07-28-2000, 02:37 PM
Just some info. I was at a meeting on Monday and Tuesday with some of the other guys in my company and we got talking boats. Well, I found out that so far there are over 100 Z- series Donzis in the New York area that have to be re-painted. Seems they are using R-M paint and its not working out to well. The stripes and Clear thats over the stripes are peeling back. This is going to Cost Donzi big, big bucks! I guess they dont make em like they use to.

I gotta talk to Mike from Donzi...Maybe nows the time to get them to switch to PPG.

(NJ) Scott

Forrest
07-28-2000, 03:47 PM
Probably, if you look at the fine print in the warranty, it will state that they will cover everything except the finish. Still, not good for the Donzi reputation.

------------------
Forrest

RickSE
07-28-2000, 03:48 PM
The custom graphic packages from Donzi are done with BASF paints, good stuff. Not sure about the standard graphics.

Warranty work is one of Donzi's strength, they really stand behind their boats better than any other manufacturer. The red gel-coat stripe on my 96 classic is faded and Donzi has already agreed to cover the warranty work to color sand and buff the stripe.

[This message has been edited by RickS (edited 07-28-2000).]

Scott Pearson
07-28-2000, 07:45 PM
BASF is RM... its just BASF's cheaper line. Glaso is the better line.Its all good paint don't get me wrong.

It sounds like they waited to long to Clear the basecoat. There is a window, and once it closes thats when you run into problems. All basecoats have a window some can be 12- 24 hours. All depends on the product, Temp and humidity etc.

I'm sure they will make good on it. They have no choice. BASF I'm sure will help also.

(NJ) Scott