View Full Version : DONZI WINS

CrackerJack
04-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Another one for the King.
Congratulations to the Ross's, the sponsers and
Donzi. Just talked to the receptionist at Donzi and got the news. Jack :D

mattyboy
04-08-2002, 01:17 PM
first time out of the chute and got the win!!
great
I know Don is smiling!
this is just a sign of things to come!!!!

Matt

EricG
04-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Over on OSO someone said that one of the Fountains beat the Donzi....I'd figure that your info is better, since it came straight from Donzi...let's hope so!!

This tells me that Offshore has a long ways to go as far as publicity....I cannot find the results anywhere on the web. Seems like someone (possibly the APBA?) would want to publish that information.... :confused:

Anyway, sounds like DONZI put on an impressive showing in there first run.....Congrats!

EG

CrackerJack
04-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Not even our local TV, radio or newspaper had
any coverage. I hope she was accurate. As of now
there is no second source of information.

mattyboy
04-08-2002, 01:49 PM
guys, on OSO there are a couple of good shots of the F2 but there is a shot of team pier 57 f2-57 with the checkered flag and the qoute " donzi killer" so more info is needed.
man but the boat looks great!!!
and it is good to see Donzi in the race!!
I don't like linking to other sites, hope Harbor Master doesn't mind
let's see if this works

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21777

Matt

boxy
04-08-2002, 02:04 PM
I just spoke with a lady in sales at HotKnots Marina named Cindy, she said the boat ran great, led for a bit, and finished second. They were very excited about the strong finish in the boat's maiden race.

mbonafide
04-08-2002, 03:03 PM
I am sorry to inform all of you but I was there and they did finish second. But running second to the very sucessful UTZ fountain is not bad at all. They beat five other very strong boats. The distance between second and third was over half a lap. They lead the first two laps and were door to door for even more with the UTZ boat. The lake was flat and good conditions for a smaller boat. Just wait until Daytona this month. If you all remember last year the water was huge and that is just what we like.

Cuda
04-08-2002, 07:50 PM
We will be there to root for the Donzi at Daytona.