PDA

View Full Version : Need Measurements....

EricG
04-08-2002, 12:44 PM
I'm wondering if a few of you 18 guys could take a quick measurement for me?

I need to know the overall length of an 18 including the drive and trailer, and if possible, how much you could take off the trailer with a swinging tongue?

My Z21 doesn't fit at my house, so I keep it 45 minutes away at my Dad's house, which is also 45 mintues further away from where I do most of my boating. I'm thinking about downsizing to an 18 for a few years, since it doesn't look like the condo will be going anywhere for awhile. I've got 22'2" in the garage, and another 3' if I put the drive all the way into the closet....just wondering if I could get an 18 to fit.

Thanks!!

EG

boldts
04-08-2002, 01:44 PM
Eric,
I have a 24' garage at my home and my 18 fits in with the drive in the up position and at least another 6" in front of the trailer tongue. I can get you a over-all when I get home, but I think your 22' garage should be OK.

Eric - measured the 18 Classic and with the drive in the down position and turned to one side, it measures right at 22' + or - a inch or two. If you have a detachable tongue, or if you can put the boat in at a bit of an angle, you'll have no problem. A lot will depend on the trailer under the boat.

Sagbay32
04-08-2002, 07:44 PM
Eric,
I have a 21.5' x 21' attached garage and with the lower unit down and tucked into the back corner of the garage I can fit my 18 on an angle and still get my Wifes Trailblazer in the garage. The LOA is 23' from tongue to prop. This leaves approx 1" of clearance (very tight!) between tongue and closed garage door.

It would be much easier if my trailer tongue was removable.

Blewbyu
04-09-2002, 02:59 PM
How 'bout gettin' out the ol' chainsaw and modifying the door a bit..?

EricG
04-09-2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the info....

Jeff,
I thought about that...and I thought of punching through the back wall of the Garage (Concrete) and tunneling under the landscaping....but, I just don't think the Condo Association will approve of my plan.... :rolleyes:

EG
Unit #8 - "The Woods"