PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wheel #S M C 2 9 3 What is it?

Donzified
04-08-2002, 09:12 AM
I found this prop in my "prop Pile". For the first few weeks of boating I like to run one of my used wheels because of the low water.This Michigan wheel was burried deep,looks new,but what size is it?Michigam Wheel # S M C 2 9 3 is stamped on the inside of the hub.It looks like a 21 pitch long hub.Does anyone have a 23 pitch prop for a volvol 17 spine shaft? I can only find 21 pitch and even with a monser cup I still need the 23 pitch.I like to use the cheap-o alum.props because I get too friendly with the bottom,go through 2 or 3 props per season.We still boat in low water ,just spend more monery on props and U-joints. :)

Tony
04-08-2002, 08:43 PM
I've got two 23's, one 21, and even some old 19's, all for the 17 spline Volvo shaft. But my pride and joy, of course, is the 14 x 24 SS Volvo Ultra. This seems to give me the best overall performance...cruising and top end. Although for towing my son wakeboarding the 21 works great, and for low water or rivers I toss on an aluminum 23. With help from colleagues on this board, I drilled my shaft to accept the locking bolt...so I can fit either the long or short hub props, and either the locking tab or shaft bolt system.