PDA

View Full Version : Poodle, you fur' reel?

oldLenny
04-08-2002, 01:16 AM
My wife phoned me tonight from the DIPLOMAT in FLA, wherever that is, somewhere near South Beach. She is there,(Florida) first time ever, me, NEVER... I have this "vision in my mind" from TOOOO many Miami Vice shows when I was impressionable, young and un-jaded, ... :rolleyes: ... of a different place!!!

I envisioned 38' CIG's going by as oftern as the clouds, 18' DONZI'S everywhere, and Pink Flamingo's eating on the tables at McDonalds when the Gator's weren't eating them.

She is stradled left and right by water and the first thing I said was "DID YOU SEE ANY DONZI'S"?

Loyally, this was the first thing she talked about...But Alas,...Noooo...No... None.

She said that all she saw was an old double ender going down the "river..."

Now Poodle, Forrest, HP-500 and EVERYONE else, as most DONZI owners live in this place( or the New York area), "are you guys lying to us up here in Canada?"

That's fine with me, BUT!!!,...she said she went golfing, and said people followed them around in carts to sell beer @ $7.50 US for a Bud Light
($11.50 CAN) ( The Diplomat) available here for $3.50 CAN $, ($2.25 US)

Then they went to " MANGO'S", somewhere around the " South Beach" ( I haven't a clue) and got Margarita's for $8.45 US eek! , ($13.00 CAN) and the "tip" is included in the tab automatically, regardless of service. We get the same thing here for $4.00 CAN ( $2.60 US) and get "to choose" whether we tip or not.

Now the "CRUNCHER"...!!! She said that when she was golfing that she "didn't see any "Pink Flamingo's"...but did see these birds that looked like OUR Mallard Ducks here in Canada but had the heads and necks of Turkeys!!! eek! She said they looked "deformed!!! What are these things you have living there? ...and why weren't they ever shown in MIAMI VICE shows when I was growing up?

Where'd the "Flamingo's" go?...

I have this feeling that you "guys" in FLA are running a scam similar to that Movie many years ago about the Mission to the Moon being a farce and the only the people that know the tuth are dead or will be soon.

She also said that she needs to keep her jacket on!!!'cuz it's cold and windy! eek! eek! eek!

This is all in jest, an explanation of events as percieved from a phone call.

'Poodle, I thank you for your effort to try and get my wife a ride in your X or into the Gulfstream in anything. :) Her work schedule and meeting/golfing/smoozing thing won't allow it!!!

If I was her I'd quit and go for a ride in a "Real Boat" in the Keys. Then sewer the job... :D

We don't think alike

...Thanx again, Lenny...

Forrest
04-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Naa! naa! . . . aaah, she wasn't, aaah looking in the right places! Yea, that's it. You know, everywhere in Florida isn't like South Beach. In fact, 15 or 20 years ago, you wouldn't have even considered going to down to South Beach. It was kind of a rough place back then. Now they have created a kind of mecca down there, and aaahhh, what's a good mecca without high prices? yaaa? Aaaye, they gotta pay for the place. Nothing's free, you know, so give it some time. I'll tell you though, after a while, and after the fifth or sixth speciality drink (tip included), if you look out over the ocean, you will see not only Cigs, Donzis, and Fedships, going by like clouds in the sky, you will begin to see those Pink Flamingos, too. And what a treat that is. It ususally starts out as maybe just one, or sometimes two, but as time goes on you will begin to see more and more until they are everywhere. As for not seeing Pink Flamingos being eaten by alligators is simple - it just not allowed down here anymore. Also Lenny, to the untrained eye, those ducks looks like regular 'ol Mallards, but they are really a speciality duck found only on Florida Golf Courses where the greens fee are over $100.

----------------

Forrest

Hay 'poodle do you think that Lenny's on to us?

bverd
04-08-2002, 11:46 AM
Mangos... eek! Mangos... eek! Miller you in? Sign me up. --Brad