PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

Bad Dog
07-26-2000, 09:45 AM
Okay, I've been struggling with the "mirror" issue with my Donzi for some time. I do a lot of pulling of skiers/wakeboarders and not having a mirror is a major pain.

I've tried a clamp on mirror from Overton's on the starboard hand rail, but it doesn't fit well and scratches the chrome badly.

My dad had a 1978 where he mounted a permanent mirror just in front of the cockpit, but I'm not so sure about a permanent mirror.

Anybody else solved this issue?

Thanks in advance

Bret
bret@emji.net

------------------
Bret Pedigo
bret@emji.net

GeneD
07-26-2000, 11:24 AM
Brett,
I decided a while back that instead of carrying a mirror on board, I would just carry another person. If you have a 2+3, turn the seat around so that your spotter can look straight back. It looks cool, and your spotter will feel as if they are really performing an important function rather than being just a law provision.
Permanently mounting a mirror on your Classic is just plain bad taste. And extra holes in your deck is just not cool.
My apologies to anyone that has already done so!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Craig
07-27-2000, 06:24 AM
I agree with Gene on the hole drilling. Hey its more important to know where you're going than where you've been! Just kidding; I just got an Overton's clamp-on so nothing would be permanent, but w/ a 16' the grabrail goes across the front and mounting it is easier. They are awful nice if you ski much. Also if you're going real slow (I know none of you guys do that) with loud thru -hull exhaust it gives you a little notice if a moron is going to run over you from behind.

Craig
07-27-2000, 06:27 AM
I agree with Gene on the hole drilling. Hey its more important to know where you're going than where you've been! Just kidding; I just got an Overton's clamp-on so nothing would be permanent, but w/ a 16', the grabrail goes across the front and mounting it is easier. They are awful nice if you ski much. Also if you're going real slow (I know none of you guys do that) with loud thru -hull exhaust it gives you a little notice if a moron is going to run over you from behind.

Emmo
07-27-2000, 10:39 PM
My boat already had this black plastic mirror screwed to the deck just in front of the cockpit. It doesn't do a whole lot of good having it in the middle, because the driver is in the way of seeing anything to the port stern side, but it does give you a quick look at what is coming up your wake or if a skier is falling.

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>