PDA

View Full Version : Bad Puddy Tat

Bad-Tat
04-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Well Bad Tat finally made from Phoenix to Ga!!! All unwrapped and running. Have to fix an airline for the silent choice to work. Not very silent running on the hose. That skinny drive is sure hard to keep the muffs on!! Planned splash next weekend. Randy can't wait to see how fast it goes. http://www.donzi.net/photos/wbateman01.jpg

Bad-Tat
04-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Well that didn't work out right at all!!! eek!
Will have to see what happened to the pix of the new boat!!! Anyone need a good 16'?

roadtrip se
04-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Start printing tickets for rides at the AOTH2!
Mine should say ticket number 000001!

Glad she made it in one piece.

Congratulations!

Todd

Bad-Tat
04-07-2002, 05:00 PM
Lets try this again!!!
Have ticket book in hand!!!! http://www.donzi.net/photos/wbateman02.jpg

Gearhead99
04-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Nice, very nice.

FASTEDDIE
04-07-2002, 07:27 PM
Sweet looking ride. Best of Luck with her. Love the color combination. Are you paying attention Donzi?

Tomahawk
04-07-2002, 08:19 PM
That is the coolest looking 22 Classic I have seen! But Bill,you know those outdrives don't handle for beans. Tell you what, being a good friend, I'll trade you straight across for my BravoI so you don't hurt yourself. :D We'll talk tomorrow at the office. Congratulations to you, another new 22 Classic in the Club.

Last Tango
04-07-2002, 09:00 PM
OH...MY...GAWD!!!! Is THAT a pretty boat or WHAT??? Bill, I can't wait to see you at AOTH!
Mark

Dr. Dan
04-07-2002, 09:24 PM
Bill, That Boat eek! ROCKS eek! , the colors grow on ya! Can't wait to see you both at the AOTHII, drive safe now!!! I'd hate to see any damage come to Tomahawks new drive :p ...Doc

boldts
04-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Bill, Congrats and what a fantastic looking BlackHawk Classic. I too can't wait to see it and meet you at AOTH II. Yes, the rumors are true. Beth and I drove to Brooklyn, MI yesterday to see and sign the papers to purchase our new 1998 blue & white 22' Classic. Here is a list of the pieces that our new Donzi includes.

454MAG Bravo1
Internal hydralic steering
K-planes
Drive shower
Dual batteries with switch
Silent choice
4 pop-up cleats
Cockpit & full covers
Eagle trailer with brakes & custom wheels
104.1 original hours

I'd like to also thank David Weiss at Ski Sensations in Brooklyn, MI. David bought the boat from another dealer and then sold the boat to us at a much better price than what I was given by the former dealer when I had inquired on the boat months ago. If your looking for any type of Donzi boat, give David a call. He really has worked hard in locating a 22 Classic in our payment range for us. Here are the ad pictures since I have not developed the pictures from yesterday yet. :D :) :D
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACFBB4.jpg

ToonaFish
04-08-2002, 12:01 AM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
AOTHII looks best
in a new Twentytwo!

WOOOHOOO! Congrats on the new Classics!

Bunches,

Celene "they're poetry in and out of motion!"

CrackerJack
04-08-2002, 05:27 AM
Congratulations guys, two really nice looking
Donzi's. Jack.

Tomahawk
04-08-2002, 05:48 AM
Wow Scott - that is a very sharp boat. You'll be cruisin' now! Congratulations. :cool:

mattyboy
04-08-2002, 06:36 AM
man it's like christmas in April around here!
congrats to all on the new rides!!!!!!

Matt
waiting for rain!!!

Dr. Dan
04-08-2002, 07:04 AM
Well, it's tough to keep any "Bad Cat" in the bag! :rolleyes: Congrats Scott, the 22's are finally breeding around here,Hmmmmm could be that Southern water??? :p ...Doc

Digger
04-08-2002, 07:12 AM
Bill, Scott, congratulations!!

RickR
04-08-2002, 09:58 AM
Nice Rides Guys!!!!! :D

It's SPRING TIME is DONZI WORLD!!!

CnV & Family
04-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Yes, nice rides indeed!

Spring is HERE!!!

-C

Sam
04-08-2002, 11:29 AM
To hell with the ression, let's buy new toys. Looking great Scott, you have to promise to take me for a ride. I have never been in a 22 before, good luck with it.

Sam

boldts
04-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Sam,
No problem once I get a little seat time. You need to promise me a ride in your hot rod 16 also. It's got to be a real thrill riding in a 16 Classic with a hyped up V8 in it. I'm soooo looking forward to Lake Cumberland in a month!

Rootsy
04-08-2002, 01:30 PM
Scott,

are you sea trialing it before you sign? just wondered where they like to test run boats at over there... i don't think vinyard lake is really large enough in order to be able to REALLY open her up...

boldts
04-08-2002, 01:53 PM
James,
Deal is contingent on test drive before final, but to tell you the truth, I really don't know where they run the boats. I'll ask David when I give him a call tomorrow. With the shallow waters, my thought is to take her over to Lake Erie and test in what she is built for. Good question though.

RH
04-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Scott and Bill, Congratulations on your new rides! Like all Donzi's, they are beautifully proprotioned and you know them when you see them on the water. I've got a little ride time in a 22' and they are incredible to say the least! I hope that I willnot be disappointed in my Hornet. It will be a few weeks before I can get it out and on the water. Scott and Bill, are you now officially a 2 Donzi owner? That is music to my ears!

Bad-Tat
04-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Yes RH officially a two Donzi owner. Don't need that many so send a 16' buyer my way!

boldts
04-08-2002, 04:19 PM
RH - Unfortunately, my 18 has to be a trade-in on the 22. 2 Donzi boats are just not in the cards for me.

GEOO
04-08-2002, 07:33 PM
WOW!!! All these new 22's. Over a half a dozen of you have switched in the two years. HUM!!! Am I missing the boat??? GEOO

Tony
04-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Scott,

Major congrats! Cherrie and I, like Sam, would love a ride...as we also have never been in a 22. It is really sharp looking, any more pics yet?

Rootsy
04-08-2002, 08:57 PM
well drats scott... she wasn't at ski sensations yet tonight unless they have her inside... figured i'd scope it out and slip the 16 in her spot.. figured they'd never know the difference... but somehow i think you would :D

they'll probably tow ya down the road to Wamplers Lake.. it isn't far... the lake is one of the larger in the area, a few miles long or so... deep water i believe... and a nice state park launch. but i'd talk em into lake erie... bolles harbor would be a good place to launch.. another state ramp.. straight down M 50 to monroe bout an hour away. just might want to watch out.. with all the rain we are getting here there'll be a LOT floating in the big pond... but oh what a feeling i am sure it'll be behind the helm!!!!! Callin for 68 with a chance of showers both saturday and sunday here... perfect timing!!!!

boldts
04-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Tony,
It will be my pleasure to give all who would like to experience the ride of a 22 Classic a ride at AOTH II. That's part of the whole reason for the gathering. Meeting other Donzi owners and experiencing other Donzi boats. I too wish to experience your boats as I have never riden in a 16. I've never had a boat with power trim, trim tabs, or hydralic steering so I'll be very busy before KY learning the boat. I saw your Mt.Clemons post, but I don't plan to be up in MI until Sat. and since Monroe is on the way home, that is probably where we will take the boat if things go well including the weather. I just need to get some seat time and if I can run the boat somewhere where I don't need to be worrying about weeds or hitting bottom, I'm all for it.

James,
I found one flaw on the boat and that was a crack in the passenger side window. They are having the window replaced and that may be why the boat was not at the dealership. I appreciate you keeping an eye on her though. Hate to tell ya, but if your boat wasn't red and white, you might be able to pull the switch. It was kind of funny. Beth and I climbed up into the 18 and sat there looking out over the bow. We looked at each other and said wow, what a difference. After sitting in the 22, we felt like there was no boat under us. We're very excited!

RH
04-09-2002, 08:02 AM
Scott, congrats on the 22 purchase! I am only sorry to hear that the 18 gets traded in. My best friend from childhood has a 69' 18 classic, his father and he own a 93' 22 classic, and his mother owns a 93'Sweet 16. all red! Driving all three boats is an incredible experience! Start with the sixteen and hold on. They had trim tabs added, as it has a V8 in it. It is an absolute rocket! Then you move up 2 feet to the 18. It is amazing at the difference (in my humble opinion) on the ride in rougher water. A great boat and a blast to drive as well. Then yo move up to the 22, and the differences are staggering as you get into the higher speeds and rougher water. We can hammer through about anything that our lake throws at us compared to the other brands on the water. We just really let her go and the ride is unbelieveable. Which one do I like best? All of them! They are each a great boat in their own right. Wouldn't it be tough to have to decide what boat you are going to take out? :)

KMLFAMILY
04-09-2002, 08:20 AM
This look"s to be the post to jump in.I too picked up my new to me CLASSIC 22 this wk. end. Must have been national blue light sale on them.Mine is a 1987 454 mag/alpha one :D 330 hrs. /tabs/stainless tips. Limited edition black/white/ no. 18 of 25 produced.Fresh water boat. I figure it"s going to be a big learning year for me.

boldts
04-09-2002, 09:44 AM
KM - Congrats on your new 22. She looks to be a very special Donzi also in that there were only 25 built like her. I'll be in class also for a while until I learn how to use all these items my 18 didn't have. Good luck and of course, some pics when you get a chance? :D

roadtrip se
04-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Scott,

Great to see you realize the dream of a new 22
Classic and in the colors that you wanted.

Get that driver's education stuff out of the way NOW! We got lake to eat up at the AOTH!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see all of the new rides there.

Now, who is going to step up to Ted's boat? The wolf pack would be complete with that ride lurking out there in our midst.

Too many days to May 9th...

Todd

Tomahawk
04-09-2002, 11:00 PM
Excellent KML Folks - sounds like you have a bit of a collector there. Nice going. You are going to bring it to AOTH II aren't you? I'd like to get a look at that boat. Hope to meet you there.

BigGrizzly
04-10-2002, 07:58 AM
Congrats Scott and KM. 1987 also had a limited 18 classic black also. therre was one around the corner from my lake house.

Poodle are the words two-stroke linked to the word missle.!!!

Randy

Forrest
04-10-2002, 09:32 AM
Naaa you didn't, Scott . . . did you?

Don would be proud!!!

:cool: