PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Corsican...

Tony
07-25-2000, 10:09 PM
The Corsican is, of course, the famous "barrel-back" design. Only 56 made from 1969 to 1976. Cobalt made some good quality knock-offs, but that is another story.

I called a guy in Detroit with a '75 Corsican for sale...a blue one with a white stripe and black pinstripes. Donzi told him that only 3 Corsican's were built in '75, two yellows and this one. Motor rebuilt in '93, TRS drive, Bennett tabs, brand new Continental trailer, original gel-coat (he thinks...), always in fresh water. Asking 12k but indicates he is anxious to sell.

It seems like there might be someone on this board who is interested...e-mail me and I'll hook you up with his details.

cday@crescentschool.org
10-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi, I have a good friend who would be very interested in this.
Could you forward all his infomation to me as soon as you could, thank you!

olredalert
10-10-2006, 05:29 PM
-------Wow!!! You sure went way back in your search. I bought that DONZI about 4 years ago, Id guess. Have changed it around a bit (spell that $$$$$) but it appears the same as when I got it. Oh,,, Not for sale at this point. I just like looking at it too much.........Bill S

BigGrizzly
10-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Corsicans did not have a stripe. Mine is origional look at the Eufaula6 pictures with Scott Bolts in it.

olredalert
10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Randy,,,I think Tony was referring to the thin "gel" stripe around the edge of the hump between the two colors. Mine is unusual in that it was delivered with the normal black stripe and a white one above it on the light blue gel. Mine also was delivered with X18 seats. Am unsure wether any other Corsicans were so delivered. It was, as stated, mostly built in late 1975 but was finished up and delivered in 1976.........Bill S