PDA

View Full Version : Need head count For Atlantic City

Frank Civitano
07-25-2000, 06:40 PM
We need a head count for The First NJ Donzi get together at Atlantic City. Christian talked to Cape Island and there sending out Invites to 50 boats. This will now be at Trumps Marina. I talked to Dee at the marina and she said we can come in as a Courtesy. We have 75 boat slips from the NJPPC and they will all be departing Sunday before 12:00 pm so the slips are ours. There will be live music they have a bar and Donzi is supposed to bring goodies. This is open to all Donzi's.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
07-26-2000, 09:44 AM
Frank, If I'm running, I'll be at the Poker Run & Donzi Meet. GEOO

GeneD
07-26-2000, 11:49 AM
Geez, when is this supposed to happen?
I'm down to my last couple of weeks of unemployment here guys and you all are planning Donzi meets all over the country!!!!!
BTW, I asked the producer of "Classic Boats", currently being shown on Speedvision, to send a crew to Atlantic City to video all you guys.
Also, the Lake Eufuala thing.
Still waiting to hear if it will happen.
Hang in there guys!
And let's show a little sympathy for the guys that don't or can't go to a Donzi meet.
Randy H., did you make any connections/contacts/buddies during the Poker Run of a few weeks ago?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-26-2000).]

Christian
07-26-2000, 12:17 PM
Hey every1
I have about 9 boats that i have talked to plus those donzi owners that are coming from Cape
its going to be a blast
Gene be there i want to see 007 for the 1st time

Christian
07-26-2000, 02:04 PM
Sorry forgot to tell everyone:
its Aug 13th.
was on the phone with people from donzi, said they also want to bring shirts and key chains for us. I spoke to a few of you guys i believe one was crazy horse and a buddy plus another person w/ a 22 Bring em all if it says donzi on it i want to see it in AC!!!
Geoo, Gene, and all those hot zxs out there running 502's or 454s!!
stay well and keep them running strong
Christian

Forrest
07-26-2000, 03:03 PM
GeneD, we won't forget about you! See if Reggie will give you a job. Washington, NC is actually a very nice place to live and they have lots of water there. Use your connections. Hay, maybe Scott "madpoodle" Baxter will hire you just to keep all of his blue Donzis polished and ready for action! Don't go broke! We want to see GeneD and Tina at Lake Eufaula over the Labor Day weekend!

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-26-2000).]

GEOO
07-26-2000, 04:10 PM
Frank, I won't be running for this weekend's Radar Shoot out. I may be driving to Ohio to pick up my motor. I have too have it back in the boat and dialed in for August 12th. Hope you win your class. GEOO

Frank Civitano
07-26-2000, 07:42 PM
Geo.
If you are not ready for Atlantic city. You are welcome to run with us ! We will miss you at the Radar shoot out . You would have kicked ass!!

Gene.
Did you get a price tag on what speedvision wants (There Not Free) Poker runs they want 25,000. Are a hell of a lot of Sponserships to pay.

Phil told me Hotboat Magazine wasn't at Orlando. He will be at Atlantic City and You will love the heading but I cant say anything yet. We are going to call it Donzi Day for now. The radar shoot out is this weekend. Hopefully I will have my new custom Bolster seats Tomorrow. Its time to eat some Bajas! I am in the 16 to 24 ft class. There is a guy thats up here that has a Testarrosa Donzi 22 with over 600hp he runs high 70s to 80s. He is in my class. I will talk to him this weekend and get him on the Donzi page.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
07-27-2000, 07:29 AM
Hey guys and gals,
I am very sorry to report that I apparently was misled, or perhaps a better description would be that I misunderstood what Speedvision was saying to me.
When this conversation took place, I was in the middle of the road in the dry pit area of Deerfield Beach. There were cars all over the place, and people milling about, and one person involved in the conversation was in his car.
Thing is, there will be no television coverage of any Donzi event at this time. Although the idea has been suggested to the network.
The conversation was actually about the new website called "Classics", and not about the show "Classic Boats". I did meet the producer for "Classic Boats", but during the conversation, I lost focus on what was being said due to the mayhem in the dry pits.
The only thing can can come from this is a few pictures of our boats in the new Speedvision Website, "Classics", and that appears to be devoted to cars.
I DO feel that too much attention is paid to the old wooden boats, and I'm sure that all of us have seen the program where people are showing off their old woodies!
I for one got very excited about the coverage this would have given the club, but alas, I was mistaken and I appologize to anyone that had heart palpatations due to my inability to comprenhend what was being said. And for the record, it was about 11 AM, and I was totally straight.
I wish all of you the best day while in NJ, I don't think this will happen for us unless we get a surprise inheritance.
However, the Lake Eufaula thing is still a viable plan.
Forrest, I was referring to the west coast people.
While in California, Randy Hibbard was gracious enough to travel an hour to pick me up at my uncle's rental house (this is where I was staying in Elk Grove) and take me for another 25 minute ride to get to the water whereupon we dumped in and went for a ride in the Sacramento River. Our conversation turned to the fact the Randy is having trouble finding Donzi people to hang with, and boating friends in general. We eneded up meeting a guy that raced a boat, Don's original Cigarette 27SS racing boat was one of the boats in his stable and he loved the thing. We talked for a while about Donzis and racing and it turned out that him and I had a few aquantances in common. Randy was amazed that anyone would talk to us about Donzis, ect. I told him this happens to me all the time and that he should get out there and start networking. The guy told him of a Poker Run happening the next weekend, and that Randy should go. Randy hadn't heard a word about it.
Thing is...
The west coast people just don't have the events that we have on the east coast and I feel bad for them.
And FrankC, what do you mean Hotboat was not in Orlando? Weren't we told that? It's a damn rip off! I was hoping for a hat trick!!!!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-27-2000).]

GEOO
07-27-2000, 03:39 PM
Frank,
A Testarrosa with 600+ hp should run in the mid 80's!! Will he be at the Alantic City Poker Run or the Donzi Meeting??
If I'm not running I'll would love to run in your boat!!!
The engine is being tuned on the dyno as I type?@#$%^??? I'll post what going on as soon as I find out. GEOO

GEOO

Frank Civitano
07-27-2000, 10:03 PM
Geo He is running That Donzi at the Radar shoot out. Last week we went head to head. He was fast but he cheats when he runs. We were side by side then he would slow down. When I waited for him, he would come up full Throttle. Then when I took off and caught up with him. Then he would slow down again! If he runs the Radar shoot out then I will know for sure. If he dont? Then I know he is full of @#$%. If we would have stayed full throttle side by side I would have had him and I think he new it!

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
07-28-2000, 05:48 AM
Frank, The 22 classic sounds like good competition for you. Don't show all your speed until the shoot out you may scare him away!!!
My motor was running on the Dyno yesterday. It's not fully tuned. My mechanic had to learn how to run this new system, the fuel injection tuning program has a slower learning curve then the manual suggests. Once it's set up it will be sweet. The motor was running 560 ftlbs from 3500rpm's thru 5500 and 575 hp @ 6000. He is tuning more on Friday. These dyno numbers were taken with my Stainless Marine Wet Exhaust, as the motor will be in the boat.
Good Luck on Saturday. Have a safe and fast run!!!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif GEOO

RickR
07-28-2000, 05:56 AM
GEOO
Sounds awesome!

------------------
RICKR http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 07-28-2000).]

Frank Civitano
07-28-2000, 06:47 AM
Geo Thumbs up!!

------------------
Frank Civitano

BERTRAM BOY
07-28-2000, 06:51 AM
GEOO,
I hope you get your boat together, I REALLY want a ride in the new and improved Mighty Mouse.
BERTRAM BOY