PDA

View Full Version : 16 Classic seat height

Magic Float
04-06-2002, 01:46 PM
We just received a new '01 16 Classic.The driver's seat seems unusually high, as if I'm sitting on the boat rather than in it. The 16's we sold years ago were not this way I don't think. Height from floor to top of bottom cushion is 13". Floor to plastic seat base is 6". I recall the older boats were closer to the floor but don't remember the set-up.There is a slider bolted to the base and the pedestal spider bolts to the slider.I think the problem is too many pieces under there but can't figure out how to reduce that 6" space. How were the older boats set up? My memory is failing. Any ideas are is this a normal height

Sam
04-06-2002, 04:26 PM
On my 96 sixteen the height from the floor to the bottom of the seat it 6", this is with using a 5 3/4" floor base.

Sam

Christian
04-06-2002, 05:13 PM
I was sitting in a real nice 01 16 in Nj and the best they could do is send it to a shop and get thinner padding for the seat, They said that they couldn't mess with the bracing under it. WHat gives? The thin pad won't help my bum when landing off of those Nj rollers. good luck, let us know what they come up with

Christian
http://rosebudracing.tripod.com