PDA

View Full Version : My 97 has arrived and it is sweet!

Ranman
07-24-2000, 12:39 PM
I just took delivery of my new 97 18' Classic. I bought it "sight unseen" and had it sent from Texas to Michigan. Talk about nerve racking. Anyhow, the boat is in very nice shape and I was able to experience the 350 MAG / Bravo One setup for the first time. Needless to say, I was floored. She ran 67.1 mph on the GPS with a 25p Mirage @ 4900 RPM. What a rush. The thru-hulls sound good, and are not too loud. I am so excited and in awe at the same time. Another Donzi has just taken over as "King of the Lake".

Crazy Horse
07-24-2000, 03:45 PM
Good luck with the new boat...Why did you get rid of the '96 18 2+3?
Best,
Crazy Horse

Ranman
07-25-2000, 08:23 AM
Crazy Horse, Actually, I have not gotton rid of the '96 yet. It is a very nice boat. In fact, it is probably in slightly better shape than the '97. There are several reasons why I decided to take the '97. It has the 300HP Mag / Bravo One package, it it has red accents instead of teal and the boat came with a killer custom sound system. Not to mention it was slightly less money than the '96. The only thing I dislike about the '97 is that it came with a tandom axle trailer whereas the '96 has a single axle trailer (which is easier to roll around by hand).

Ranman
07-25-2000, 12:48 PM
Madpoodle, Actually it seems to take significantly less power to pull the single axle trailer. Forgive me for asking, but why would you not be able to tow a single axle @ 80mph? I have done this several times w/ no issues. The tandem seems like it doesn't like to go 70+ without lots of gas. Also, I have heard of the front tire on a tandem going flat, getting caught up in the rear tire and causing serious issues. (This could be a myth though). Finally, I have two of everything to look after now (two sets of wheels, tires, bearings, spindles, springs, etc...) and I don't see any real benefit. Maybe less load per axle will increase bearing life or something along those lines. I will say that the tandem LOOKS impressive and I know they cost more money, but...