PDA

View Full Version : CDMA, is that you???

oldLenny
04-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Just got this months " Professional Boatbuilder Mag" and there is an in depth article, on the Webb Institute. Written by Paul Lazarus, there is a photo, many..., on page 36, of a classroom, teacher, and atmosphere. The fellow on the right looks like YOU!, I think. Is it?

Very interesting article on the school. 4 Years and enough credits and courses 'n stuff to achieve both a Bachelors and Masters Degree!

Good choice!

Also an interesting article on a 20' Ventnor high tech repro. I never new it was designed by William Garden, 20 minutes from here on Deer Island, over 50 years ago!

CDMA
04-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Len,

I have read the article but before it came out so I haven't seen the pictures. Could very well be me there are only like 60 something of us. The program may sound like fun to you but let me assure you it is not. I have like 6 hours of class a day...every day. It is something like 23 more credits in 4 years then MIT and Princeton Review named it the hardest school in the nation after Cooper Union. So while it may sound nice it sure seems like living hell to me....

Chris

If I hadn't just failed a Fluid dynamics test I might like the place a little more... wink

Blewbyu
04-05-2002, 11:08 PM
I do believe Bill Garden designed the second sexiest boats in THE WORLD (after Donzi,of course).I'll NEVER forget his 36' Commuter.......a wonderful sea boat that went like a bat! :D :D :D :D :D

Blewbyu
04-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Hang in there Chris....fluid dynamics SUCKS in almost anyones book! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Scott Pearson
04-06-2002, 05:54 AM
Chris,
Hang in there....how hard can Fluid dynamics be? You fill the trim pump to the right level with your favor'it oil and you make sure the cylinders move back and forth and up and down....God my spelling sucks....

(NJ)Scott